Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the Philippines?
10-05-2012, 12:12 PM,
Where are the Philippines?
Enough of you moaning to me, Townsend! Where is your Philippines game? You submitted that YEARS ago!

I don't want Saipan!1 I want the Philippines!

[Image: filipina-beauty.jpg]

1 - actually this is a lie, I want everything in the Pacific ;-)
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
10-05-2012, 12:25 PM,
RE: Where are the Philippines?
Too skinny. Plus, I'm attracted to pale. Smile
10-05-2012, 12:56 PM,
It was the most work-friendly result of a surprisingly salacious google image search! ;-)
10-05-2012, 03:33 PM,
I think she is nice!Smile

The Philippines was just too big of a game for AP right now, especially since AP would of divided it into two games: Philippines 1941-42 & Philippines 1944-45. Also I was in no way done with scenarios. It needed about 100 plus scenarios, 8 maps at least unless they were generic and tons of counters. Lastly, most of my original material was lost on my old computer, 42 scenarios, so it would be like starting over.

Philippines is very doubtful presently. Maybe if Saipan was a hit and AP wanted it, I would maybe think about but for now, you will have to get your scenarios on the Philippines from Nihon Silk, scenarios: 5, 6, 7 & 10. They are fun ones, enjoy!
10-05-2012, 03:34 PM,
Lastly, I think Saipan will make a much better PG game.
08-08-2015, 12:34 AM,
Note Well, the Phillipines are coming, in two boxed sets. Thanks Jay
08-08-2015, 05:02 AM,
Yes, they have both submitted for development: Philippines 1941-42 and Philippines 1944-1944. Not sure what the names/titles will be. The first one is 75 scenarios and the second one is 105 scenarios. Amphibious landings in both and the Japanese paratrooper return in the second game. Both are going the be a lot of fun with interesting and unique scenarios. Its took me years to finally get them designed. I remember starting it before Saipan and then stopping thinking it was too big for me but returned again after I got more experience designing PG games. I am very happy with the end results. They will be lot of fun to play.

With that said I might as well spill all the beans, as I think its already been mentioned before but Sicily is also in development now. This is just cool all the way around.

The Korean War, my mini series with in PG, we still have Counter-Attack which is finished with both design and development and follows up historically right where Pusan left off, then Intervention which is also finished design will follow Counter-Attack and add the Chinese Army. Last the Supplement called Allies which will only need the three Korean games to play: Pusan Perimeter, Counter-Attack and Intervention and will add more nationalities. I am very pleased with all four products and its just cool to play some games/scenarios within the PG system outside of the WWII realm for a change.

That is it for my designer report.
08-10-2015, 12:21 PM,
You created 180 scenarios for the Philippines? :-O
08-10-2015, 02:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 02:57 PM by JayTownsend.)
(08-10-2015, 12:21 PM)Shad Wrote: You created 180 scenarios for the Philippines? :-O

That is right, 180 scenarios! 75 for Philippines 1941-42 and 105 for Philippines 1944-45.

Back in 2007-2008 I hatched and idea for a Philippines Panzer Grenadier game to cover 1941-1945 but after attempting it and being a bit inexperienced back then I thought it was way too big and shelved it for a few more years. After doing a few smaller designs and getting the needed experience under my belt I return to the Philippines and realized it was going to be a two game project to make it work, as counter types and number of maps required this.

So I designed the two games: the Philippines 1941-42 and the Philippines 1944-45. So in reality the Philippines would have been my first design if I had stuck with it. I know I had to return, pardon the pun to the Philippines, as is just too cool of a Panzer Grenadier game series not to have. The Philippines has away been a neglected wargame in the platoon level and tactical level in my opinion and it has way too many interesting situations not to be on the gamer table in the Panzer Grenadier format.   

08-10-2015, 03:02 PM,
I guess I am letting out too many secrets but I am recovering from surgery a few days ago and on Meds, so information slips out! Smile