Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saipan 1944
06-24-2014, 02:22 AM,
RE: Saipan 1944
My original Saipan maps are darker than my Liberation '44 maps, Jay.

I am guessing you received your original Saipan map from a batch that was lighter than I received. Matt's original maps are also lighter than mine. A bit of luck of the draw when you print in small batches. I have the same issue when I print my PnP stuff at my local printer.
06-26-2014, 03:45 AM,
Mine arrived today, new 4th Edition rules, tables, etc. First look through is great, but they expect me to actually do something at work besides look through a new game for some reason. So far, everything is positive, the turn chart is something of a mirror of some of the neat ones I've seen on Boardgamegeek and on the AP site. Only negative was 2 missing pieces, fire/move on one side, dug in on the other. I figure they fell out during the packing process, no luck looking through rule book or scenario book. Not like I don't have plenty from all the other PG games with more to come. The unit sheets were intact and nicely done. Can start looking at a first scenario to run soon.
06-26-2014, 05:15 AM,
Fun! I hope that means AP will post the 4E charts online soon.
06-26-2014, 07:06 AM,
The only thing I don't like about the new stuff are the utility counters (and its a small thing) to mark disrupted and demoralized units. They are no longer red and black, they are now pictures of a soldier or soldiers in various stages of duress but the counters are too close in overall color and shade to see at a glance what their morale status is without close inspection of the counter.

Other than that, the charts are nice and the counters were well done.
06-26-2014, 07:13 AM,
Darn, I love the sea of black and red markers in large scenarios.

I'd love it if someone scanned the charts and sent me a copy. The TEC is the one I need the most urgently to make progress on my examples of play.
06-26-2014, 09:40 AM,
I wanna see the 2d6 assault table. Glad you received your 4th edtion set tlangston28 :-)
06-27-2014, 01:27 AM,
Punched mine last night, organized a bit into zip-lock bags until my order of counter organizers arrives. I had the back of the Japanese sheet of counters that wasn't cut all the way through, no big deal as I was using a utility knife blade to clip the little connections. Just had to cut a bit deeper to cut the paper on the back of the sheet. Overall very happy. I've organized the small number of counters from Marianas into the box. Hope to get it on the table yet for lunch tomorrow, but will probably stick with 3rd edition rules rather than trying to learn 4th that soon.
07-07-2014, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014, 09:35 PM by Poor Yorek.)
Some may be interested in the following article regarding the Saipan battles: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/06/us-...latestnews
07-08-2014, 02:56 AM,
Great article. Yeah that is:

Scenario Thirty- Nine
Desperation
7th July 1944

One of the better scenarios in Saipan in fact. So far I am the only one to right an AAR on it. I am hoping more gamers get to play this situation/scenario, very tense for both sides.
01-26-2015, 06:07 AM,
This looks interesting from the news latter:

We’d like to bring out more of these in 2015: a Saipan issue with much better Japanese tanks and less-super Marine rifle platoons,