Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Cavalry charge
02-12-2024, 04:20 PM,
Cavalry charge
When cavalry charges a hex already containing other units from their side, can they combine the assault attack if these units are still inactivated? I suppose they can?
02-12-2024, 09:30 PM,
RE: Cavalry charge
I suppose you may. But you wouldn't get the +1 for charging cavalry.
02-12-2024, 10:41 PM,
This issue came up several years ago and again in 2020. In the 2nd & 3rd edition rules, the condition was, "Charging cavalry." So the consensus then was that only a charging cavalry unit was requited. Since infantry and cavalry didn't often operate together, mixing the 2 in assault didn't happen very often.

Now we have the 4th edition rules. Now the condition is written as, "Attacking units are charging cavalry." Implicitly that would be all the attacking units are charging cavalry. So if playing RaW, my interpretation would lean toward "all".

I don't play RaW, and in this case, I go with 2nd/3rd edition consensus. Whichever way you go, just be aware of what you are doing, and try to resolve these nuances with your opponent before you start playing.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-13-2024, 06:05 AM,
It makes indeed maybe more sense that a cavalry unit charging full throttle towards an enemy unit is rather difficult to join by a more or less stationary foot/AFV unit.
02-13-2024, 12:23 PM,
The infantry pins the enemy, the cavalry slams into the now pinned opponent. The Russians practiced tank-cavalry charges. Could be many things.
treadasaurusrex, JAN COLPAERT, Tambu And 1 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking