Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Brit Liberation 44 Leaders
01-01-2024, 03:40 AM,
Problem with Brit Liberation 44 Leaders
I downloaded the British Liberation 44 leaders 2.0, but when I open it in the random counters window, there are no leaders present.  There is just a blue box with the lion and crossed swords and the words "British Army."  This is from the Liberation 44 files.  If I download the same file from the British Battle of the Bulge, the file will not even work as an extension.
01-01-2024, 03:46 AM,
RE: Problem with Brit Liberation 44 Leaders
Also, if I go to Game Pieces>Blue Forces> Normally Random> British Liberation 1944 Leaders, there are all the leader counters there.
01-01-2024, 04:13 AM,
I'll look into it.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-01-2024, 04:31 AM,
(01-01-2024, 04:13 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I'll look into it.

Thanks.
01-01-2024, 10:48 AM,
I've run the extension in PG Uber 4.2. I have opened it as a Blue player and solitaire player, using Vassal 3.6.19 and 3.7.5. I have not seen the problem.

Were playing online, and perhaps your opponent did not have have the extension installed? I've seen that happen before. Otherwise clear your tile cache and try it again.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-02-2024, 01:22 AM,
I downloaded the extension from PG-HQ and and ran the same versions and sides as before. It still works correctly.

The only other thing to do at this point is to setup an online game and try it that way.
01-02-2024, 01:33 AM,
I have discovered what is causing this issue as it has happened again with a different computer setting up a different scenario.  I am setting up a Winters Soldiers scenario which requires German and US Elsenborn Ridge leaders.  I am in process of setting up the scenario and have saved it.  As I proceed, I release I don't have the Elsenborn leader files installed, so I save the scenario, exit, go to PG-HQ and download and install the files.  I open the scenario, go to random counters, the tab for each leader package is there but when I open it, only the background for each army is there and no counters.   So, I save and exit, refresh the tile cache, restart and go through the caching of tiles, open the scenario and try to get leaders and the counters are still not there.

So, there is an issue with the leader random counters if you load the file after you have started a scenario and try to use the file in that scenario.
01-02-2024, 01:34 AM,
...and this is for a solo game BTW.
01-02-2024, 01:38 AM,
OK, I confirmed that the problem is as stated above.  I just tried to build the same scenario starting completely new and when I bring up the leaders, the counters are there and can be randomly accessed.
01-02-2024, 01:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 01:43 AM by plloyd1010.)
I'm glad you found the issue. I don't recall what the changes were that I made with the last version, but from what you said, I suspect it may have had something to do with the leader masks.