Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New game
06-02-2023, 09:20 PM,
RE: New game
I tried that route... the sheets didn't print out properly. I finally gave it up as a bad job after a couple of days... had other things "to do". So, I ended up doing things that hard way... as usual.  Blush

GG
06-09-2023, 10:54 PM,
.....and I'm STILL doing things the hard way!

GG
06-10-2023, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2023, 01:09 PM by Grognard Gunny.)
I am discovering that I must develop the map(s) along with the counters along with the scenarios (history) all at the same time. A bit different than Panzer Leader/Bitz. Requires a bit more "circumspection" to do. 

The real "fun" will come in when I try to reconcile the counters with the "space available".

(Finally getting back up to speed after my hip replacement surgery. I can ACTUALLY WALK!)  (On the other hand, my wife expects me to start picking up my share of the chores... of which I have been much remiss in doing over the past year.) (Six of one, half dozen of the other!)

GG
joe_oppenheimer and PANISTA like this post
06-14-2023, 05:43 AM,
My lack of steady hands for art work is REALLY starting to bug me! (Just another frustration.)  Confused

GG
06-15-2023, 06:02 AM,
I know that feeling, Brother!
CavDo, Sonora, Tubac52 And 3 others like this post
06-17-2023, 11:49 AM,
FINALLY got my hex/map master done! After numerous attempts (much cursing) and tracing paper toss outs, I hit upon the idea of having the hex sheet printed up by my local office supply. It would have to be done from a "master", however. It is now accomplished! (It ain't perfect, but it will do nicely.)

Now I can get on with the more enjoyable tasks!

GG
goosebrown likes this post
06-17-2023, 11:47 PM,
(06-17-2023, 11:49 AM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: FINALLY got my hex/map master done! After numerous attempts (much cursing) and tracing paper toss outs, I hit upon the idea of having the hex sheet printed up by my local office supply. It would have to be done from a "master", however. It is now accomplished! (It ain't perfect, but it will do nicely.)

Now I can get on with the more enjoyable tasks!

GG

It never happened unless you post pictures!!

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
06-18-2023, 12:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2023, 10:38 AM by Grognard Gunny.)
I, for one, would have preferred "it never happened". There SHOULD have been (and probably is...) an easier way to do things. But I prefer to "wing it" (An old Marine Corps tactic.) "Better to accomplish a 90% effectiveness in a week than to score 100% in six months." (I will caveat that by adding, "as long as it works!")

...and so it goes.

GG
Tambu, PANISTA, CavDo And 7 others like this post
06-21-2023, 03:17 AM,
After much soul searching. I have settled on eight maps, four of which are "reusable", one of which is reusable, but will require a "new" terrain movement factor (the Polder map), and the Arnhem, West Arnhem and Nijmegen maps are not "reusable", for the most part.

I have also settled on two and a half (maybe three) counter sheets. I have yet to work out the German "types".

.... and on it goes.

GG
06-25-2023, 09:12 AM,
Design of the maps is progressing, got two done so far (I only have to do one over, a slight mistake), all others are proceeding as planned, but.... there will be a mistake somewhere along the line... (It is forewritten in the annals!) Now I get to do some playtesting, starting with what I have thus far.

GG