Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEC for Airborne IE
03-28-2023, 12:15 PM,
TEC for Airborne IE
For Airborne IE scenarios, should I be using the TEC entries for swamp and hedgerows on the back of the scenario book instead of the normal TEC entries?
03-28-2023, 12:29 PM,
RE: TEC for Airborne IE
Generally Game specific (like FiTS, or Army at Dawn games, these rules they are presented in the Scenario book...)
rules overrule/extend the general PzGren V4.0 for those game scenarios (or for that period/location for those who experiment...)

And then Scenario Special Rules SSR ( those in the scenario book for a particular engagement) overrule all others when they conflict for 
a particular scenario played.

So yes, playing the Airborne IE scenarios---if there are special rules for swamp and hedgerows--the scenarios were built
with those rules in mind.

There has been ongoing hedgerow discussions on the forum as designers have taken more/less aggressive hedgerow perspectives......
03-28-2023, 01:23 PM,
The general understanding at the time was that the TEC on the scenario book for swamps was misprinted and you should use the values on the 3rd edition TEC. (A:IE was the first module published with 3rd edition btw). Hedge rules/TEC should be correct in the scenario book. I would have to dig up old CSW posts to cite that, but I read through it all again last fall when I was prepping to play the module "properly". 

Most people retcon 4th edition into the older games, so I don't know what they would tell ya.
03-29-2023, 12:11 AM,
Thanks for the insight.  I am using 4th Edition rules.  I think I'll go with the normal TEC entry for swamp and the module entry for hedgerows.
treadasaurusrex and joe_oppenheimer like this post
03-29-2023, 10:11 PM,
I recommend just sticking with 4th Edition, so you don't have to do mental flops between modules.  PG scenarios are not finely tuned masterpieces of balance.
joe_oppenheimer, Michael Murphy, Miguelibal like this post