Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No counters?
02-01-2023, 12:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 12:42 PM by Grognard Gunny.)
No counters?
I recently picked up a "New" copy of Kokoda Trail and found out that it didn't come with counters. (At least that is what I was told.)

Put THAT aside I also find out the Kokoda Campaign seems have dissappeared from the Avalanche Press site too. Dog gone it! I really wanted to see how the terrain played out in that game.

Any ideas? Is there another game that I can pick up that has the Aussies as well as the Japanese counters?

GG
02-01-2023, 12:45 PM,
RE: No counters?
Kokoda TRAIL was an expansion book that included 2 maps but no counters. The counters themselves came from Guadalcanal (Japanese) and Afrika Korps (Australian). It should be playable on Vassal for you without said counters (broken record at this point to try it out). 

Kokoda CAMPAIGN did include the counters, but they were literally the same sheets from Guadalcanal and Afrika Korps.
02-01-2023, 01:01 PM,
The Australians originally came from Afrika Korps. If you can't find that on eBay or some after-market shop, like Noble Knight Games, your next best choice is Parachutes Over Crete.

The Japanese came from Guadalcanal. If the secondary market comes up short, get Saipan'44.

One more little thing. The 10th scenario has an American AA unit. You will need American counters from somewhere. the 40mm will be the biggest problem, but the British have one in a pinch.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-01-2023, 01:16 PM,
Funny you should mention Parachutes Over Crete, I ordered that game from Avalanche 10 days ago... and nothing... not even a peep! (Thanks for reminding me that the Aussies are in that game.) Since my next project is Saipan, Mariannas and Leyte, finding the Japanese units should not be a problem.

Another solution I will have to wait for.

GG
02-01-2023, 01:21 PM,
You should have at least gotten an order acknowledgement on POC.

Start a spreadsheet of your orders, with APL things tend to drag on. Having a spreadsheet of order numbers, dates and items is handy. Or you can dig through old emails. your call.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-01-2023, 01:24 PM,
Oh, I got the acknowledgement OK... but nothing else. Maybe I am jumping the gun but.... (One does get a little anxious waiting....)

GG
02-02-2023, 11:54 AM,
(02-01-2023, 12:41 PM)Grognard Gunny Wrote: I recently picked up a "New" copy of Kokoda Trail and found out that it didn't come with counters. (At least that is what I was told.)

Put THAT aside I also find out the Kokoda Campaign seems have dissappeared from the Avalanche Press site too. Dog gone it! I really wanted to see how the terrain played out in that game.

Any ideas? Is there another game that I can pick up that has the Aussies as well as the Japanese counters?

GG

If you are a Gold Club Member you can download for free the Changsha Operation, the Japanese counters are the same for Kokoda Campaign, you will need to DIY, not too difficult.  Do not know if Kokoda Campaign is on Vassal but that could be an option for you as well.
"Don't let the dirt and rust hang you up, we like to give the impression that we are out of action badly in need of rest and reorganization"