Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kursk
09-30-2022, 12:01 AM,
Kursk
South Flank AND Burning Tigers. Is it intentional that the rule limiting RKKA/Guard leader control of each other unit is lacking from both booklets ? Note that it is included in Broken Axis !
09-30-2022, 01:04 AM,
RE: Kursk
I suspect that Soviet leader incompatibility is a new concept revived by Mike P. Before then Guard v RKKA incompatibility was only in the Iron Curtain series, though not Iron Curtain itself. Soviet leader incompatibility does not appear to occur in east front games before then. It also seems that German SS v Heer isn't an issue before Liberation '44.
I do however recall an unverified special rule somewhere that Guards could command RKKA units and subordinates, but I don't remember which game.

I wouldn't say it is intentionally left out of South Flank and Burning Tigers, just that the rule evolved into Broken Axis & Grossdeutchland '44.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-30-2022, 07:01 PM,
So, how would you play it ? Mixed or separate leadership ?
09-30-2022, 11:42 PM,
(09-30-2022, 07:01 PM)leonard Wrote: So, how would you play it ? Mixed or separate leadership ?

I would play it as written.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
10-01-2022, 12:06 AM,
In the absence of a special rule, I would allow mixed leadership. Soviet forces don't seem to have had the rivalries present in German and Japanese forces. (One of the truer points of the Soviet narrative.)

Since I brought up Axis forces: I don't think Japanese army and naval units should even be allowed to stack together, much less mixed command. The only "exception" would be where units are clearly be used for substitution between forces, like with Kokoda Milne Bay - The Landing. Likewise the German Luftwaffe, army, SS and navy don't get along. The SS in particular are despised, even in Germany.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-02-2022, 07:44 AM,
(09-30-2022, 12:01 AM)leonard Wrote: South Flank AND Burning Tigers. Is it intentional that the rule limiting RKKA/Guard leader control of each other unit is lacking from both booklets ? Note that it is included in Broken Axis !
RKKA or Guard leaders may command either RKKA or Guard units. Thanks, Mike
Juiceman likes this post
10-08-2022, 06:47 AM,
OK. Thanks Mike !