Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombardment units in assault hexes
09-02-2022, 03:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 04:45 AM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Bombardment units in assault hexes
(09-02-2022, 01:52 AM)triangular_cube Wrote: You can add narrative to any game rule to reduce it to absurdity. It doesn't lead us anywhere. Even the most basic rules make no sense when you transplant them from an abstract environment to a real one. Just look at movement. Two soldiers are in a standoff across a field. Neither wants the other to cross. Soldier A shuffles his feet and moves to the left an inch while adjusting his posture. Soldier B now has free reign to run to Soldier A's right and go on through for 15 minutes. When later asked why Soldier A allowed Soldier B to pass unharmed, he simply responded "I already moved for my turn".

SinceĀ  my poor creative writing skills do not seem to have adequate illustrated the problem, try this. At ranges under 200 meters, HEAT (or large HE) are operational capable and effective against point targets in motion. HE is non-function against area targets at under 200 meters. Is such a situation reason able. If so, why. If not, what could be done about it? If solution is found, would it become canon? (Not likely.)
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombardment units in assault hexes - by plloyd1010 - 09-02-2022, 03:23 AM