Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombardment units in assault hexes
08-31-2022, 11:53 PM,
RE: Bombardment units in assault hexes
I'm not sold on the BF to DF exchange. It might work in a offense, pretty sure the concept would be a bit much on defense. I still favor bombarding with in the hex, no +2 modifier. Friendly fire should be applicable (usual chances), without the -1 modifier if it hits, when others in the hex are not assaulting. If assaulting, there should be dual results against the enemy and assaulting units.

In-hex bombardment should limited to light mortars (<60mm), field guns and howitzers and AA guns.
Medium mortars have a minimum range of about 1/2 a hex, heavy mortars can have a minimum range of over 2 hexes. The minimum range on rockets is even worse, so they are right out.

The line gets fuzzy for me with light mortars. The Italian Brixa is sometimes considered a mortar. The Japanese knee mortar is often considered a grenade launcher. American, British and German light mortars are integrated into the platoon's fire factor, thus already converted to DF. I can certainly see converting a light mortar to DF, a large howitzer, not so much.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bombardment units in assault hexes - by plloyd1010 - 08-31-2022, 11:53 PM