Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombardment units in assault hexes
01-19-2023, 06:09 AM,
RE: Bombardment units in assault hexes
Those stupid krauts at Metz.....
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-19-2023, 08:42 AM,
I DID say "Most troops....". On the idea that the less one has to "think about" (read; have a rule about) the better.... I think I'll just let them alone then.

GG
01-19-2023, 11:56 PM,
I'm with Triangular Cube on this one.  12.52 prohibits bombardment fire in an assault hex.  So, this is not an issue.

One reason certain design decisions are made on rules is to eliminate all the edge case rules you have to cover.  The edge case rules usually put more rules overhead to a game, but the payoff is not worth it in that the edge cases, comparatively, rarely happen.

Frankly, if you are having your guns get overrun, you deserve it for not protecting them adequately or not bugging out when you had the time to dos.
treadasaurusrex, Grognard Gunny, Juiceman And 1 others like this post
01-20-2023, 12:19 AM,
Exactly how do you think rule 12.52 prevents bombardment fire in an assault hex? It only says units in an assault hex may not use bombardment fire or direct fire. Nothing says the assault hex cannot be bombarded.
Schoenwulf and daedalus like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-20-2023, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2023, 02:57 AM by triangular_cube.)
(01-20-2023, 12:19 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Exactly how do you think rule 12.52 prevents bombardment fire in an assault hex? It only says units in an assault hex may not use bombardment fire or direct fire. Nothing says the assault hex cannot be bombarded.

Peter, the rules language distinguishes between fire in an assault hex and fire into an assault hex. Bombardment fire INTO an assault hex is a different question and allowed via 12.53. Blackcloud is just using the language straight from the rules.

Edit: references from 3rd cause thats what i have handy. Maybe the language changed in 4th.
treadasaurusrex, sagunto, Tankodactyl And 2 others like this post
01-21-2023, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2023, 04:09 AM by Blackcloud6.)
From the rules directly:

12.52 Fire Types in an Assault Hex
Units in an assault hex may not fire on targets outside the hex. They may not fire on the direct fire or bombardment tables.
treadasaurusrex, goosebrown, joe_oppenheimer And 6 others like this post