Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4h Edition Terrain Modification Rule?
07-27-2022, 01:14 PM,
4h Edition Terrain Modification Rule?
I'm setting up An Army at Dawn Scenario 6. It calls for a Wadi marker to be placed in Board 77 Hex 1002 and a Wadi placed in Board 78 hex 1011.  Both of these hexes are slope hexes of 20 meters elevations.  So, what becomes the wadi?  Is it just the hex the marker is placed in or does the entire hill encompassed by the contour line become a wadi?  Both seem strange.   The 4th Editon RB is silent on how to do this and there are no instructions in AAaD Special Rules.
07-27-2022, 09:21 PM,
RE: 4h Edition Terrain Modification Rule?
Wadis apply to the entire hill. Sort of an inverted hill.
Blackcloud6, treadasaurusrex, Tambu like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-27-2022, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 10:06 PM by Blackcloud6.)
Thanks, and that is how the Tank Dinosaur and I played it a few weeks back.  What I am seeking though, is the rule that tells us to do it this way.  There does not seem to be any in the PG 4th Editon RB, and I word searched extensively and there is nothing in the AAaD Special Rules.   I believe it was Afrika Korps that had the special rule to place the terrain change marker on the hill and the hill of that color changed to whatever marker showed it to be.  AAaD should have a similar rule if there isn't one in the main RB, right?
07-27-2022, 11:20 PM,
Yes, that would be AK and DR. The 4th Ed RB doesn't have much about how hill/wadi/gully markers work.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-28-2022, 12:45 AM,
Probably should have been in the game specific Special Rules.  I'm testing extended assault in a scenario by request of Mike Perryman; I'll let him know he might want to include this as errata.