Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FaoF--Knightly Combat, Scenario 27 Hidden Units?
06-03-2022, 06:54 PM,
FaoF--Knightly Combat, Scenario 27 Hidden Units?
So, in reading the AAR for this-- wayne and tlangston mention "Hidden ATGun"....
I don't see a special scenario rule saying the defender can hide....did I miss it?
Is there some other rule that comes into play allowing units to be Hidden?  (cause as french that would be tre bon!)
06-03-2022, 09:31 PM,
RE: FaoF--Knightly Combat, Scenario 27 Hidden Units?
Not than I know of…
If the French were allowed to dug in, then the optional rule « No Hidden Units Specified » (page 37, 4th Ed rules) could come into play but no…
Maybe some optional rules dating back from 3rd Edition…
06-03-2022, 11:10 PM,
Long ago, when life was simpler and dinosaurs roamed across PG-HQ, someone had a standard house rule that stated AT guns setting up in limiting terrain could be hidden. I think that someone was Wayne or Vince. So a house rule is most likely in my mind.
Shad likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-04-2022, 04:53 AM,
4th Edition option rules suggest allowing AT guns to setup hidden.
Shad and goosebrown like this post
06-04-2022, 05:15 AM,
Vince, Wayne and I used to set up AT guns hidden. This was to prevent the opponent to just move a leader within spotting range and bombard the hex without the AT having fired a shot.

Your opponent can still move leaders up and try to spot the AT guns but there is no guarantee it will work.
06-04-2022, 08:59 AM,
(06-04-2022, 04:53 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: 4th Edition option rules suggest allowing AT guns to setup hidden.

I don't see where that suggestion is. Where did you see it?
cjsiam likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-04-2022, 01:58 PM,
(06-04-2022, 05:15 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Vince, Wayne and I used to set up AT guns hidden. This was to prevent the opponent to just move a leader within spotting range and bombard the hex without the AT having fired a shot.

Your opponent can still move leaders up and try to spot the AT guns but there is no guarantee it will work.

I think it makes sense...at least for initial set up.....
Also, Peter's extensions/mods all All AT guns to be efficient...they have one job....
always felt it a bit odd that the light AT got one shot, but same gun in a tank
can get two...little of that makes sense (targeting ease, loading, aiming,etc...all would seem more constrained in a tank)...
goosebrown likes this post
06-04-2022, 03:56 PM,
(06-04-2022, 08:59 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 04:53 AM)joe_oppenheimer Wrote: 4th Edition option rules suggest allowing AT guns to setup hidden.

I don't see where that suggestion is. Where did you see it?

I don't. Thinking I misremembered a suggestion for it as an optional rule.
06-05-2022, 03:45 AM,
(06-04-2022, 01:58 PM)cjsiam Wrote: I think it makes sense...at least for initial set up.....
Also, Peter's extensions/mods all All AT guns to be efficient...they have one job....
always felt it a bit odd that the light AT got one shot, but same gun in a tank
can get two...little of that makes sense (targeting ease, loading, aiming,etc...all would seem more constrained in a tank)...

My rational for making AT guns efficient, and mentally changing the term from armor efficiency to gunnery efficiency, was that with an AT gun has 5+ guys with elbowroom working it, where as a vehicle gun has 2-3 guys working it in a tight space. I also made AA efficient because they send a lot of rounds down-range, and hitting is really a numbers game in the end. I'll also point out that I flattened the AT probabilities a little.
cjsiam, goosebrown, Schoenwulf like this post
06-05-2022, 09:27 PM,
Yes Vince and I used hidden A/T guns if in limiting terrain back in the day. This was a way to try and make them more effective and stop them being targeted by OBDA so easily.  Peter I like the idea of some A/T guns being efficient particularly the smaller calibres. Also very pleasing that some reads my AAR's though if looking for any tactical tips I suggest you read my opponents AAR's.  Big Grin

PG could benefit from concealment rules I guess but as I am not Senor Jacome I have no huge wish to make the game more complex.  Tongue