Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avalanche Press Games That Are Not PG
08-31-2012, 08:50 PM,
RE: Avalanche Press Games That Are Not PG
I have the SWWAS and GWAS series. Both are good but have some issues with the rules. These have been cleaned up and revised in some of the supplements as we as Jim Stear working on the rules currently. I find them a bit tougher to solo because most naval battles require more of an unknown factor of what your enemy is doing. The solo rules help, but I found them easy for larger forces to dominate the smaller forces. Playing the Bismark campaign is not as fun as you can contain it quickly even with the solo rules. But the series is probably the most complete of nations OoB for there navies from 1900-1945.

As for other games the Great Battles series is very interesting. Much like PG in simplicity, but alot of nuances that make the game interesting. Good solo structure too. The only downside is the simple combat, in play plays it tends to rack up the casualties very quickly. With the latest rules set, recovery makes this a little less devastating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Avalanche Press Games That Are Not PG - by campsawyer - 08-31-2012, 08:50 PM