Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morale Change mechanic request
05-13-2022, 08:08 AM,
Morale Change mechanic request
In the next update of the PG VASSAL module, could it be done to allow morale to cycle in both directions?   I think this could be applied as a global change.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
05-13-2022, 09:25 AM,
RE: Morale Change mechanic request
(05-13-2022, 08:08 AM)Blackcloud6 Wrote: In the next update of the PG VASSAL module, could it be done to allow morale to cycle in both directions?   I think this could be applied as a global change.

It could. Most moral changes are in the base module.

Did you have a key stroke did you have in mind?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-13-2022, 01:36 PM,
Morale cycling?.....
you mean in setting up the Turn charts?
05-13-2022, 10:15 PM,
I'm pretty sure he means the moral flags. The cycle only goes one way (none)-Disrupted-Demoralized, the back to (none). If I wrong, I'm sure Fred fix me quite quickly.

I see it a similar to, but less urgent than, the activation problem. Transport has a different activation cycle than everyone else. So I created a jump to activated command Ctrl+Shift+A. Most key commands I have are Shift+(something). The original thought being to avoid accidental keystrokes. That problem has not manifested. So maybe just 'M' to cycle morale down.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-13-2022, 11:00 PM,
Yes, I mean the morale cycle flag on the unit menu when you click on it.  Maybe use Cntrl-M for morale increase and Cntrl-N for decrease?   And, of course, just clicking on the mouse on the item would make it work to.  I use mostly the mouse.

I did some VASSAL work for the Air & Armor test module, and I started using single keystroke command for menu items instead of Cntrl-X, shift-x etc. for functions used a lot in the course of play.  The reason was I found it actually take longer to take your hand off the mouse to be able to hit both keys.  But by using a single keystroke one can keep right hand on the mouse and use the left for the command function.  It's faster and is good for repetitive command s that you have to cycle through.  Something to consider.
treadasaurusrex and goosebrown like this post
05-15-2022, 12:44 PM,
What if I converted to single keys?
Right now the activation cycle, digging in cycle and morale cycle are Shift+<something>. Changing them to just their letters would be fairly easy at this point. There is only 1 OOB extension which has piece customized menus (with Land Cruisers there will be 2). It would also free up the shift key for going backwards in the cycles where applicable.

Any opinions? Used to it the way things are and would rather I didn't?
05-15-2022, 05:19 PM,
RE: What if I converted to single keys?
(05-15-2022, 12:44 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Right now the activation cycle, digging in cycle and morale cycle are Shift+<something>. Changing them to just their letters would be fairly easy at this point. There is only 1 OOB extension which has piece customized menus (with Land Cruisers there will be 2). It would also free up the shift key for going backwards in the cycles where applicable.

Any opinions? Used to it the way things are and would rather I didn't?

thinking longer term, for sustainabilities sake is probably best....
This would mean I don't need Shift-A to do activations maybe? just A...the Shift-A to go backwards?
you disable it for the notebox in the console? so we can still type at each other without screwing up our armies?
05-16-2022, 11:43 PM,
RE: What if I converted to single keys?
(05-15-2022, 05:19 PM)cjsiam Wrote: This would mean I don't need Shift-A to do activations maybe? just A...the Shift-A to go backwards?
That would be correct.

(05-15-2022, 05:19 PM)cjsiam Wrote: you disable it for the notebox in the console? so we can still type at each other without screwing up our armies?
The dialog box would not be affected. key commands only affect the pieces when their window (Map, OBA, Off Board, ect.) is selected. My problem is usually the opposite. I go to mark activation or morale while still in the main window, it makes for a long line like, "AAAMMAAfAA" or similar.
05-19-2022, 03:48 AM,
<Key> to forward cycle, <Shift-Key> to reverse cycle would work well and be easy to remember.
cjsiam likes this post