Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire
08-30-2012, 07:03 AM,
RE: US Proximity Fuses and Friendly Fire
Re: adding the modifier for VT fuzes. Alan has it right, add none or add them all. If I have a friendly fire result on a stack of three artillery pieces shouldn't I move up two? What about hitting yourself in a town (I always hate it when I do that)? Shouldn't that adjust down two? Better to leave well enough alone and use the RAW.
No "minor" country left behind...
08-30-2012, 07:16 AM,
(08-30-2012, 06:30 AM)campsawyer Wrote: I see your point, but I think the simplicity of the FF works. Adding one mod would mean that you would need to add them all.

Fair enough, but the FF rules were developed before the VT fuse "rule" was invoked in ER. What I'm saying is that the process (RAW) for FF didn't anticipate the VT fuse effect and, thus, couldn't be expected to account for it.

But, sure, I understand that the FF rule as-is is simple and straightforward.

I suppose I'd like to know whether APL considered this issue (mods to the FF procedure) when they implemented the VT-fuse +3 shift rule?
08-30-2012, 07:28 AM,
Quote:I suppose I'd like to know whether APL considered this issue (mods to the FF procedure) when they implemented the VT-fuse +3 shift rule?

That would be one for Mike Perryman.
08-30-2012, 08:47 AM,
(08-30-2012, 01:18 AM)vince hughes Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 01:12 AM)Poor Yorek Wrote: Can I tell TheDoctor he has a new uncle?

Yes, and if he likes Dickens, you can tell him Uncle Vinny lives in the village where Dicken's family house is located (Gad's Hill) and he can read a Dicken's book in Dicken's garden !

In other news, Vince admits to the world that he's a squatter!

FIND YOUR OWN HOME, HUGHES!

Even Wayne has found a barn to sleep in, sheesh! Dodgy
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
07-09-2015, 10:38 PM,
My apologies if the following question about VT fuses has been addressed here or elsewhere.  I skimmed this thread but did not find the answer.

I understand the +3 column shift for clear terrain.  Does this also apply to units Dug In in clear terrain?
07-10-2015, 12:54 AM,
I'd guess do both. +3 -1
07-10-2015, 06:19 AM,
Yes - the modifiers are still cumulative.  Although revisiting this thread, note that 4e rules now make this question moot as the FF roll is determined as per a regular artillery bombardment,  not a roll a single die to determine column.