Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March is here, so is the update
03-02-2022, 06:31 AM,
March is here, so is the update
I've been a little busy. I updated the base module and reference sheet, updated 36 extensions and will be adding 6 new extensions. This will add at least 6 new games to the supported list. As always, read the extension documentation. The weird how-tos and what-abouts are usually in there.

PG Über 3.2, built on Vassal 3.6.5. So it isn't likely to work on Vassal 3.5.x. You can probably load and finish old games with v3.2, finishing games with v3.1 is probably best. I haven't seen any problems running Uber 3.1 on Vassal 3.6.x. Here is what changed:
    Entrenchment control flags and delete command have been fixed.
    Dug In and Digging In status of units is reset when they are moved.
    Drumfire function added to Off-board artillery.
    Cloning added to Entrenchment, At Ditches, Wire and Play Limit markers.
    Fixed delete command on AT Ditches, Wire and Play Limit markers.
    Changed Assault Boards so they are selected with Shift-Click.

German 75mm IG limbered side, switchable between draggable and move 1. Extension notes were updated on usage or were added if there were no extension notes before.
Affected OOBs:
    OOB German Army 1936-40
    OOB German Army 1941-42
    OOB German Army 1943-44
    OOB German Army 1944-45
    OOB German DAK 1942-43
    OOB German DAK 1943-44
    OOB German Luftwaffe Ground 1942-43
    OOB German SS 1939-42
    OOB German SS 1943-44
    OOB German SS Foreign Formations
    OOB German SS Gebirg 1938-45
    OOB German Volksgrenadier 1944-45
    Unit German 1st Panzer Division
    Unit German GD Inf Reg&Div
    Unit German GrossDsch Div 1943-45
    Unit German Panzer Lehr Div
    Unit Spanish Blue Division

OOBs with Motorcycle units have been updated to have a dismounted version. Shift+R dismounts the unit. Unit symbols become infantry of some sort, as happened to be convenient with available infantry types.
Affected OOBs:
    OOB British Army 1939-42
    OOB Deutsches Afrika Korps 1941-42
    OOB Deutsches Afrika Korps 1943-44
    OOB Foreign SS
    OOB Free French 1940-43
    OOB French Army 1939-40
    OOB German Army 1936-40
    OOB German Army 1941-42
    OOB German Army 1943-44
    OOB German Army 1944-45
    OOB German SS 1939-42
    OOB German SS 1943-44
    OOB German SS Gebirgstruppen 1938-45
    OOB Italian Army 1940-42
    OOB Italian army 1942-43
    OOB Romanian Army 1939-42
    OOB Soviet RKKA 1939-42
    OOB Vichy French 1940-42
    OOB-Ldr South African Army 1940-43
    OOB-Ldr-Air Italian ARMIR
    Unit FR 4eDCR
    Unit FR Marocain Division
    Unit GE GrossDsch Div 1943-45
    Unit German 1st Panzer Division
    Unit German GD Inf Reg&Div
    Unit IT ArieteDiv
    Unit IT BlackshirtDiv
    Unit SP BlueDiv
    Unit US 1st Cavalry

OOB Australian Army 1939-43
    Fixed 10 & 13 point OBA images
    Added 6, 12, 16, 18, 21, 24 & 28 OBA

OOB Italian Army 1940-42
    HMG units are now have a direct fire of 6 with an alternate of 7
    Added 6, 13, 14, 15 & 17 OBA

OOB US Marine Corps 1944-45
OOB US Navy 1944-45
    Moved naval support OBA from Marines to Navy

OOB Soviet NKVD & Partisan 1938-44
Ldr Soviet NKVD Sinister Forces
    Combined in a OOB-Leader extension

OOB Soviet Guards 1943-44
    Corrected T-34c full strength image, no change to version number

OOB-Ldr Chihuahua
    Changed OBA pieces from 3 hex coverage to single hex piece. If using 2nd Ed Infantry Attacks rules, players should use 3 pieces an place them in mutually adjacent hexes, until I think of something better.

New
    OOB-Ldr-Air Slovak Allied 1944-45
    OOB-Ldr-Air Slovak Republic 1939-44
    OOB-Ldr Soviet NKVD & Partisan Red Communists
    OOB Hungarian Army 1939-41
    OOB Soviet Army 1945-51 Long War
    OOB Soviet Guards 1945-51 Long War

The new extensions and game support might take a day or 2 to get up.
triangular_cube, cjsiam, treadasaurusrex And 4 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-03-2022, 03:55 AM,
RE: March is here, so is the update
Deluge, First Axis & Slovakia's War have game packages now.
Schoenwulf and treadasaurusrex like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
03-03-2022, 05:17 PM,
It might not have been fully updated yet, but when I download extensions via the gamepack links (example, Tank Battles, Download Entire Game Pack + Extras) it is still grabbing the old modules (example Italian 40-42 5.0 instead of 5.1 but seems to be all). 

I ended up pulling that one to try from the Master List and it seems to be grabbing the right one. 

I don't know what the entire update process is so I might have just jumped the gun.
03-03-2022, 10:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2022, 10:18 PM by plloyd1010.)
You should have gotten the correct versions in gamepacks. When I upload the new files, the old ones are supposed to be destroyed. When you download a game pack, the zip file is supposed to be rebuilt if there are any new files. I'll ask about it.

How did you like my variant for the Italian HMG's and German 75 IG's?
03-04-2022, 01:43 AM,
All the update is up and in. All the Iron Curtain games are supported now. On to Peace in Our Time, Blue Danube River Fleets, Changsha and GD'46.
03-04-2022, 02:23 AM,
(03-03-2022, 10:17 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: You should have gotten the correct versions in gamepacks. When I upload the new files, the old ones are supposed to be destroyed. When you download a game pack, the zip file is supposed to be rebuilt if there are any new files. I'll ask about it.

How did you like my variant for the Italian HMG's and German 75 IG's?

I havent had a chance to mess around with the 75s yet, but the HMG are exactly what I wanted  Big Grin
03-08-2022, 12:22 PM,
There was an update problem regarding extensions in the game packages. it has been corrected. Current extensions versions should download now.
treadasaurusrex and triangular_cube like this post
03-09-2022, 03:56 AM,
(03-08-2022, 12:22 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: There was an update problem regarding extensions in the game packages. it has been corrected. Current extensions versions should download now.
I always appreciate the effort for looking into these things Smile
03-18-2022, 12:31 AM,
Treadasaurusrex created the scenario maps and counters for  Witch's Cauldron (FoF #9) using Vassal 3.6.5 and PG Uber 3.1.  Since then, he has upgraded to PG Uber 3.2.1.  The issue is he sees one of the maps moved, one of the maps missing, and also German pieces on the map that weren't there when he created the scenario originally.
I am using Vassal 3.6.5 and PG Uber 3.1, and can see everything as he originally set up.

So, here's a question.  Can two players, using different PG Uber modules play against each other?  He doesn't appear to have 3.1 anymore, and I have other games against other players in 3.1 so am loathe to switch to 3.2.1 before they're finished.
Alternatively, any ideas to help us through this.

It does seem to me that unless EVERYONE upgrades at the same time, then these issues will keep cropping up as players broaden their player networks.
03-18-2022, 01:23 AM,
You should always play Vassal games with the same PG Über versions. You probably play with different primary versions, like version 3.x, but that has not been tested. I am quite sure that the lower version player will lose access to the newer features.

Multiple versions of PG Über may reside in Vassal. Each would appear as a different game in your library. Each version will also need its extension directory. I have 4 versions of PG Über on my PC. As game progress, the older versions get used less. When the older games are completed, I remove the older PG Über version from active use.

Felipe shouldn't be using version 3.2.1 with you as it is still experimental. It has a small addition in OBA menu for drumfire control. Versions 3.2 and 3.2.1 shouldn't have any trouble working together, except for minor glitches when using drumfire.

Version 3.2 is the PG Über in the core files. Here is a link to PG Über 3.1, if you need it. I have an archive all the PG Über versions. I recommend not going back past 3.0.
Bangla and treadasaurusrex like this post