Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INF Present in Assault Hex
02-23-2022, 04:36 AM,
INF Present in Assault Hex
If an AFV is attacking in an assault hex in a town, and there is a friendly INF unit in the same hex but has already been activated, does that INF unit count as present, thus negating the +1 for the defenders assaulting an AFV without infantry support?
chaco and treadasaurusrex like this post
02-23-2022, 05:01 AM,
RE: INF Present in Assault Hex
I'd say no. In the intra-hex fight of my mind, the tank is moving, or trying to advance, into another enemy section of town and leaving the infantry behind.

How did you end up in such a situation and what was so urgent?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-23-2022, 06:19 AM,
(02-23-2022, 05:01 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I'd say no. In the intra-hex fight of my mind, the tank is moving, or trying to advance, into another enemy section of town and leaving the infantry behind.

How did you end up in such a situation and what was so urgent?

That's what I thought Peter.  I was playing Felipe.  He was the attacker.  He tried to rally his infantry in the hex in an earlier activation but failed.  Later the same turn, he opted to attack with just the armour.  We couldn't find anything specific in the rules so I didn't add the modifier for my defenders against an AFV without support.  No harm done in the end.  Had I been Felipe, I would have waited for the infantry to rally first.
treadasaurusrex, daedalus, chaco like this post
02-23-2022, 06:49 AM,
Another lesson learned the hard way! No matter how weak they are, always rally your 1940 French INF to help your tanks in an urban, close assault.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
02-23-2022, 07:30 AM,
(02-23-2022, 06:49 AM)chaco Wrote: Another lesson learned the hard way! No matter how weak they are, always rally your 1940 French INF to help your tanks in an urban, close assault.

That's what he was trying to do!  It's just that they didn't, and he ran out of patience.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
02-23-2022, 09:01 AM,
(02-23-2022, 07:30 AM)Bangla Wrote: That's what he was trying to do!  It's just that they didn't, and he ran out of patience.

Typical treadhead! Tongue
goosebrown and waynebaumber like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-12-2022, 07:46 AM,
Realism arguments aside, I would say that any infantry in the hex, friendly to the AFV, whether marked fired or not, involved in the assault or not for whatever reason, would negate the enemy receiving the +1 modifier for the afv assaulting without infantry because the modifier on the chart states: "Assault against enemy AFV(s) in town, woods, or jungle without enemy infantry of any kind present and then explicitly says which ones do not count. "Present" is the key word and is very specific.
Michael Murphy, cochise75, cjsiam And 1 others like this post