Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bush Artillery Library Convention
01-25-2022, 03:13 AM,
RE: Bush Artillery Library Convention
My only comment is that in cases where we put the correct pieces into a scenario, if the piece is not in the original game, we should add a note to the scenario page along the lines of "Counter X is not in the original game.  Use Counter Y if playing the scenario with only the original game pieces."
goosebrown likes this post
01-25-2022, 07:30 AM,
(01-25-2022, 03:13 AM)rerathbun Wrote: My only comment is that in cases where we put the correct pieces into a scenario, if the piece is not in the original game, we should add a note to the scenario page along the lines of "Counter X is not in the original game.  Use Counter Y if playing the scenario with only the original game pieces."

I very much like this as well. If we intend to do this, the Arctic Front (split methodology) and Lions of Finland (all listed as 85s last I checked) scenarios currently in the Library should receive the note. 

Normally I would just submit those E&O tickets behind the scenes but we needed the discussion to determine what the desired method was. 

I also noticed that either you or Peter had updated the Bush Artillery per this thread. Thank you both for all the hard work as well as for putting up with my crabbiness. I'll go back to playing quietly now Smile
treadasaurusrex likes this post
01-27-2022, 02:06 AM,
What about trucks and such? (Since I am working on Vassal support for First Axis & Slovakia's War, I'll pick on those.) In Collective Farm, there are Guards KMS (RKKA counters) and Slovak trucks (German counters and not listed). I have Guards KMS and Slovak truck pieces in Vassal, thus graphics are available. Is it better than to have a force included (RKKA) even though they are clearly not present (apart from the counters), to have them left out (as the instance of the German trucks) or have units made on PG-HQ which have substitutions in the physical game (lots of scenario notes needed)?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-27-2022, 02:47 AM,
(01-27-2022, 02:06 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: What about trucks and such? (Since I am working on Vassal support for First Axis & Slovakia's War, I'll pick on those.) In Collective Farm, there are Guards KMS (RKKA counters) and Slovak trucks (German counters and not listed). I have Guards KMS and Slovak truck pieces in Vassal, thus graphics are available. Is it better than to have a force included (RKKA) even though they are clearly not present (apart from the counters), to have them left out (as the instance of the German trucks) or have units made on PG-HQ which have substitutions in the physical game (lots of scenario notes needed)?

Stuff like that certainly gets messier and has a larger implication than singular scenarios early on with proxy units due to counter limitations I suppose. 

Without having the full context of those situations in front of me its not really possible to have an educated opinion, but the general guideline in my mind for the units discussed earlier was based on proxy units where the scenario/module rules says explicitly to treat X as Y. Is the same statement included in the conditions you just listed? or is it merely a guards formation listing X-KMS (RKKA) in the OOB. Strictly following my (admittedly) made up rule would see that still count as an RKKA KMS. 

At the end of the day, while I may put in a substantial number of E&O tickets as I work my way through the ancient stuff, you guys run the library and have more bearing on what the desired methodology should be. I just hope for consistency. Thats why the 2 examples I had posted in the thread creation were on my mind. The same rules being logged differently in the Library.