Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesser known extensions
12-23-2021, 02:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 08:55 AM by plloyd1010.)
Lesser known extensions
In the 2 years since PG Über was released, I have created a few extensions which don't get the notice they should or awareness might need, especially the terrain mod extensions. So I started a list. All are in the Extension Master List, most are optional in a game package, some just don't really show up.

Orders of Battle
Canadian Army 1940-42
Years ago someone wanted some Canadian scenarios. I made some counters for the Canadians to fight at Ortona and Dieppe. The scenarios are so old or obscure that I can't find them on the forums anymore. Besides the fights at the time, I also started thinking about the 2nd BEF (the was one), Seelöwe and Sicily. This extension accommodates those experimental whimsies. I made an Early War Canadian Leaders extension to go with it.
Extraterrestrial Invaders
Sometime in 2012, Alan Sawyer brought us the battle of Grover's Mills, as described in the broadcast by Orsen Wells in 1938. Maybe someday I'll have some more nasties to add, like the bugs from Starship Troopers. For now, just the Martians.
German SS Foreign Formations
Occasionally in the PG universe specific formations of SS troops have come up. Edelweiss had the Finnish brigade, Sinister forces had the early war incarnations of those monsters and APL posted counters for the Charlemagne Division. I fleshed out a few of those units. Have at them.
German Volksgrenadier 1944-45
With the Invasion of Germany scenarios, APL introduced Volksgrenadier pieces. Then with C&C: War in the East, there was a proposed formation diagram of a late 1945-46 Volksgrenadier regiment. They need pieces, then an extension, you get the idea.
Polish Home Army 1943-45
Based on size, no country suffered more than Poland. Despite the intensive Nazi occupation, the Poles formed something of a field army under those conditions. In PG they only appear in couple of scenarios with the Lithuanians. I felt they deserved more. I fleshed out the OOB with light support equipment, mostly captured from the Germans.
Brazilian Expedition
I hear there is a supplement coming someday. Long before that buzz, I was already thinking about them. Checkout their involvement. There is a lot to work with.
Greek Army 1940-41
Parachutes Over Crete gave us a side dish of the Greeks. I filled the plate. I had long been thinking of the invasion of Greece. No those hills can come alive too.
Italian Co-belligerent Army 1943-45
Repubblica Sociale Italiana 1943-45
As a government, Italy surrendered in 1943. Politically, the Italians were not quite ready to sit things out. Go For Broke and First Axis toughed on this ever so slightly. My annoyance came with the use Afrika Korps counters. I made up counters for the opposing sides in their own colors. Isn't that part of PG motif?
Noncombatants
Afrika Korps and Road to Dunkirk introduced them, but really they are almost everywhere. It reflect, and possibly try to avoid, the tragedy of political discourse carried out by force, here they are.

Aircraft
Finnish Winter War
Finland was not entirely earthbound in the Winter War. A few random aircraft on either side could spice things up. Trouble was, only one side had planes. Not any more!

Units
German Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Regiment & Division
German Grossdeutschland Panzergrenadier & Panzer Division
Grossdeutschland made its appearance in its own colors with Fall of France. But throughout the PG series, it has appeared and reappeared in many incarnations. Now use it from France to Russia to Romania. At some point, it will helicopters too.
US 131st Field Artillery Regiment
In 2016 I wondered about lost battalions in PG. Then learned of POW/MIA day. Then thought of American 'lost battalions', and discovered a largely unnoticed one from the Pacific War. Then started a tribute project.
US 1st Cavalry Division
The real 1st Cavalry fought as infantry in the Philippines. When the 2015 Columbus Day Golden Journal came out, I was intrigued by the retro aspect of the U.S. Army abandoning its motor mentality. I filled out the counterset as per the intended TO&E. I added the M1 Combat Car (the cavalry didn't have 'tanks' then) and the M3 Stuart to fill out the small mechanized company.
US 761st Tank Battalion
I don't have my book yet, but I had the countersheet. Made images, added support counters, and voilà!

Special Countersets for PG-HQ Members
U.S. 23rd Infantry Regiment, U.S. 40th Armor Regiment/Battalion

Maps
Dom Butgenbach
This is the map created by Philippe Leonard about 12 years ago. It is the ground upon which a kampfgroup from the 12th SS Division and the 277th Volksgrenadiers fought the 26th Infantry regiment for about a week in the opening phase of the Battle of the Bulge.
Special Fillers
Sometimes there are 3 maps in a 2x2 map layout. Sometimes there is a lot of water. Whether is an ocean voyage(to or from the beach) or a void in earth, this should cover that.
TM-North Africa & Mediterranean
TM-Pacific
TM-Western theater
There have become too many terrain modification counters to include in the PG Über base module. Most are unique to their theater, some overlap, all can be used anywhere.
treadasaurusrex likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking