Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokoda Campaign Vassal Module
07-24-2021, 04:15 AM,
Kokoda Campaign Vassal Module
I sent an email to customerservice@avalanchepress yesterday on this subject and received a notification that the email could not be delivered because the address was over quota, so I'm hoping that someone here can provide me advice on if the Kokoda Campaign Vassal Module is still available and how I might obtain it.

Here is the text of the email I sent yesterday:

"I recently purchased the boxed Kokoda Campaign game, new in shrink wrap, from Noble Knight Games.  This is my first Panzer Grenadier game, and it looks great, both for game play and as a comprehensive reference source for studying this campaign!

I noticed a post from August 26, 2016, on The Kokoda Campaign page on Board Game Geek, that there is a Vassal Module for this game.  The link there takes me to a notification page on your AP website, where it says to fill out the order form for a $0 purchase, and that page links to the online store.

Once in the online store, I was unable to find a selection for the Vassal Module, and was wondering if this module is still available, and if it is, how can I order it?

Thank you very much."

I would be most grateful to learn how I can obtain a Vassal Module for this game.  Thank you very much.

All the best,
Jan
07-24-2021, 04:45 AM,
RE: Kokoda Campaign Vassal Module
All vassal modules are now hosted on PG-HQ. The modules which had been hosted by APL have reappeared here as Legacy Vassal Game Extensions.

Vassal for Panzer Grenadier is now run through a central module, which operates with various extensions, according to the game selected. To gain access to the full library, one must complete the Vassal Academy using one if the study paths. (Sorry, but it is a necessary condition.) However, the open part of the library includes the legacy game extensions. To play Kokoda Campaign, you will need to download the Panzer Grenadier Über Base Module and the Kokoda Campaign legacy game extension. I suggest you also download the Minefields extension, and the PG Über User Guide and PG Über Counter Menu Reference documents.

If you need further help, there are several Vassal players who can answer questions, and when you really want to get into it, give you a serious drubbing.
jhope likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-26-2021, 03:24 AM,
RE: Kokoda Campaign Vassal Module
Thank you very much Peter for your advice on obtaining the Vassal modules for Kokoda Campaign!  I'm on my way over to enroll in the Academy now!

All the best,
Jan