Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalingrad
04-20-2021, 10:43 PM,
Stalingrad
Are there any supplements or boxed games that handle Stalingrad for Panzergrenadier?
04-21-2021, 12:20 AM,
RE: Stalingrad
No. Long ago, in the Eastern Front Deluxe days, there was a game hovering the horizon, Road to Stalingrad. It never cam to fruition. The closest you are likely to find as a supplement is Little Saturn. Most of Dr. Mike's attention went to Operation Mars, which was dealt heavily with in Heroes of the Soviet Union, Red Warriors and Tank Battles.

There are a couple of scenarios which have come up from the Stalingrad campaign. Attack on Stalingrad deals with an infantry fight during the advance on on Stalingrad watch out for the big typo in the scenario information). Stalingrad Fire Brigade is about one of the relief efforts. Operation Winter Storm is a home-grown mini-campaign, originally by Norman Smith. I later updated it to fit with EFDx and the newer rules. In 2012 a former PG player, Vince Hughes, mad a comment about wanting a Stalingrad map, so I made one. It is to scale and quite big.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-21-2021, 11:47 AM,
I know when we've discussed Stalingrad before there's a concern that it wouldn't work well in PG. Lots of city hexes with little opportunity for ranged fire. It could degenerate into a series of assaults.
04-24-2021, 01:35 AM,
A designer has started city fighting rules to make a future heavily urban supplement more interesting.
04-29-2021, 10:02 AM,
Also, think about the fighting that occurred outside of the city. This would encompass Sring 1942 through Fall 1942.