Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recieved Lithuanias Iron Wolves
04-13-2021, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 02:05 AM by Greyfox.)
Recieved Lithuanias Iron Wolves
All,

Liked the layout, but there are some significant changes to some of the older scenarios that I suspect will radically change outcomes. Not sure they are for the better..  

1)  Over the Nieman.
     a)  Maps changes eliminate town hexes on northwest side of river, and there is no more high ground on north east side of river that Lithuanians can use to mask forces from German Line of Sight.
     b)  Gets rid of Poor Coordination Special Rule - Created interesting problem sets for Germany and helped favored the Lithuanians a little. I liked it and I think this omission will be sorely missed.
     c) Victory conditions also less interesting...  Gets away from victory points associated with Bridge Control, Casualties, Control of Town Hexes North of the River, and number of German Steps north of the river.  Now Germany has three victory conditions - 1)  Less step losses then Lithuanians, 2) own both bridges over the river, and 3) have control of more town hexes north of the river than Lithuanians.  All three get Germany Major Victory, Two of three minor victory, One of Three a Lithuanian Minor Victory, and None - Lithuanian Major Victory.

2)  Memel Land (New Name is Horse Soldiers)
     a)  Map changes provide more open terrain in new layout than in previous version.  The complex terrain provided in earlier version provided more interesting tactical options for the Lithuanians.  The earlier editions map layout gave the Lithuanians a fighting chance.
     b)  Also increase Germany number of Germany Cavalry Platoons from 11 to 17, but cut the Germany Cavalry Sergeant out of the leader mix.
     c)  Changed Lithuanian morale to 8/7 across the board.  In old version only the Cavalry, Armored Cars and MG were 8/7.  All else were 7/6.

Haven't checked other scenarios yet.

Mike
04-13-2021, 10:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2021, 11:03 PM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Recieved Lithuanias Iron Wolves
I got it too. The game should be joining the library soon.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
04-14-2021, 06:50 AM,
RE: Recieved Lithuanias Iron Wolves
No shipping notice here yet, but glad to hear product is getting out.