Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Fall of France Sunken Railrods
02-18-2021, 07:46 AM,
Fall of France Sunken Railrods
Hi
A quickie.  The special rules for Fall of France state the following:
  • Spotting:  Units in non-sunken-railroad hexes can spot units in sunken railroad hexes to which they are adjacent.  Units in sunken railroad hexes can spot units in all other hexes normally.
Does this mean that, similar to Limiting Terrain, the unit in a sunken railroad hex can be spotted from afar if it fires, or does this special spotting rule overrule that and they can 'fire at will' and still only be spotted from an adjacent hex.  We are assuming it's the former, but just wanted to make sure before we start play on Friday.

Cheers
Bangla
02-19-2021, 12:06 AM,
RE: Fall of France Sunken Railrods
So far as I know, your interpretation is correct. Philippe should have the definitive word here.

One thing that befuddles me about sunken roads and rails. How would weapon units, other than mortars, fire out of them? It's hard to setup an AT gun on a steep embankment.
Bangla likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-19-2021, 03:02 AM,
(02-19-2021, 12:06 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: So far as I know, your interpretation is correct. Philippe should have the definitive word here.

One thing that befuddles me about sunken roads and rails. How would weapon units, other than mortars, fire out of them? It's hard to setup an AT gun on a steep embankment.

Thanks for your response Peter.  Wayne and I will play it like that.

I agree about the AT guns, although I have no doubt I shall have one in said sunken railroad, unseen, until it gets the chance of a good shot.
02-19-2021, 04:23 AM,
(02-19-2021, 03:02 AM)Bangla Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 12:06 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: So far as I know, your interpretation is correct. Philippe should have the definitive word here.

Thanks for your response Peter.  Wayne and I will play it like that.

I agree about the AT guns, although I have no doubt I shall have one in said sunken railroad, unseen, until it gets the chance of a good shot.

Like I am going to give you any "good shots" Wink
Bangla likes this post
02-19-2021, 04:53 AM,
Yes, your interpretation is correct!

Regarding the AT guns: they are supposed to be set up on the edge of the ravine...and dug-in like in limiting terrain.
Bangla likes this post