Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on counters for Kokoda Campaign
11-11-2020, 01:55 AM,
Question on counters for Kokoda Campaign
I have the box of The Kokoda Campaign game.
Looking at page 5 of the Kokoda-specific booklet with special rules, scenarios, etc, I see a short description of Australian, Japanese Army, Japanese Navy and British counters. However, I can see no British counters in the box, but have US Marines counters indeed.
Could someone help me with what I am missing?
Thanks in advance.
11-11-2020, 02:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 02:33 AM by plloyd1010.)
RE: Question on counters for Kokoda Campaign
I think that is a leftover from Kokoda Trail. Kokoda trail was composite game. It used Japanese units from Guadalcanal, Australian army pieces from Afrika Korps, U.S. pieces from Battle of the Bulge, 2 maps that came from the book and British aircraft from Afrika Korps. Kokoda Campaign consolidated the counters used and included them with the book. The Afrika Korps RAF planes have been replaced by a 12 point airstrike for the Australians (Missionary Ridge, Day Two). The Americans were replaced Australian army pieces (Assault on No. 3 Airstrip).

P.S. Once you learn the system, consider becoming a Self-Play student. You can use Kokoda Campaign for you game.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
11-11-2020, 07:10 AM,
RE: Question on counters for Kokoda Campaign
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. And for the precision concerning the British plane... the absence of which was going to be my next question.