Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
revealing hidden units
10-29-2020, 10:06 PM,
revealing hidden units
What type of fire, in what conditions, reveals hidden units? Optional rule Recon by Fire provides a means to reveal hidden units using bombardment fire. I interpret the same conditions to apply to bombardment fire directed at units in a hex shared by a hidden unit. Are there any conditions by which Direct Fire or AT Fire also causes loss of Hidden status?
10-29-2020, 11:54 PM,
RE: revealing hidden units
Being an optional rule, I view it as a little squishy. That said, there is nothing in the rule that says units are revealed by recon by fire. It only allows the units to be potentially attacked.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
10-31-2020, 06:47 AM,
Thanks for the response. Any other takers? Surely hidden units gets used by many. How do you handle revealing hidden units whose hex is subject to fire?
10-31-2020, 07:37 AM,
I mostly play solo and don't do a lot with hidden units, but I've never found this to be an issue. It's pretty rare for some units in a hex to be spotted (and hence eligible to fire on) while others are hidden.

I have not tried the recon by fire rule, but it looks like it doesn't reveal units, it just lets you fire at a hex where you suspect there are units.