Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Series two rules in hand
01-13-2024, 11:34 AM,
RE: Series two rules in hand
Simpler is always good. More playable is always good. When I play PG and encounter a situation that is unclear, I just pick the simpler solution and move on. If I am deviating from reality I just attribute the result to "friction" or fog of war.

I was looking through an old game that was an update of an old game. The designer said that his goal was to raise the level of realism while keeping the game "somewhat playable." I just shook my head.

So, getting back to IA, if the current OBA rules are confusing, surely a simple house rule can be presented that would solve the problem.
sagunto, Reconquista, CavDo And 9 others like this post
01-13-2024, 12:56 PM,
(01-13-2024, 07:53 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: Thanks Peter for opening this discussion with a house rule governing Infantry Attacks OBA. I want to be like just you, when I grow up!

I suggest that your proposed rule be simplified...
You mean you want to torment the guys who write the bible quizzes on Youtube?

My rule is obvious not play tested. I suggest trying versions of a few ideas, until some reasonable and playable develops. Then lock it down and try it over 3 games.
ACav, CavDo, goosebrown And 2 others like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
01-14-2024, 03:44 AM,
Thanks Peter!

A good way to proceed. Let's give her a whirl.
sagunto, cochise75, Tambu And 10 others like this post