Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Sure On the Call
09-13-2020, 05:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2020, 05:43 AM by Kithikor.)
Not Sure On the Call
AFV in hex 0809 originally started in hex 0307 with a MAJOR been stacked with AFV. The AFV takes off to the position it's in now. Hex 0210 OPPORTUNITY FIRES on them causing a X2. MAJOR and AFV suffer a step loss causing MAJ to be eliminated. 
1) Can the AFV keep moving closer to hex 0210?
2) With the MAJOR gone, can the AFVs in hex 0206 move closer to hex 0210?

I would say no, because those units could not enter hex 0210 without a leader. Am I correct here as well?

09-13-2020, 06:47 AM,
RE: Not Sure On the Call
Firstly I am befuddled by why the Major is with the armored car in the first place. He could not have ordered it forward, because he cannot activate AFV's other than the SPW251's (because they are also transports). The armored car could have activated itself, because it is a recon unit with an inherent leader.

Second I don't see how you get a 2X result. Assuming the 2nd unit in the stack is the other HMG (Mentoring Scenario #6), that gives you 14 points. That would resolve on the 11 column, and I don't see any modifiers. The 11 column has 2 single X results on it. But let's go with what you have.

Okay, you are treating the major as a lone leader, probably correct considering the situation. Thus, an X would have killed him. Since the result was a 2X would cause a step loss to the armored car (open-topped AFV). The armored car may continue to move, if it passes its M2 morale check. If it checks with a roll of, it keeps moving, otherwise it will stop (being disrupted or demoralized).

Hex 0307 is too far way from 0210 for an extended assault (see optional rules). Thus the armored car may not enter that hex. In its reduced condition it would be a bad idea anyway.
Shad likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking