Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Origin of the rewrite rules
08-06-2020, 11:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 11:41 PM by plloyd1010.)
Origin of the rewrite rules
Link to 4th Ed Rules rewrite
Long ago, my cousin (primary opponent) and I found that Panzergrenadier could be a much better simulation, and more historically consistent, without having to deviate from the system's mechanisms. As our list of validated house rules grew, it became apparent that the practical way to deal with referencing our games was to abridge the rule book. That is how the rewrite came to be.

The rewrite project actually began with the 3rd Edition release.

P.S. This is also an example of how I intend rules discussions and narratives to go.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-15-2020, 10:55 AM,
RE: Origin of the rewrite rules
Being new, I'm prepared to believe it's me, but the links to Peter's house rules and charts keep coming back as a non-existent attachment. 
I'm very interested in these because while I am sure I'm screwing up plenty of rules (my first PG game, solo, and I'm using 4th ed. for a scenario from Beyond Normandy), I'm also finding what appears to be more than a few holes and missing explanations.  I have some extensive experience editing rules, so I'm not especially new to the concept, but by the same token want to be sure I'm not just overlooking particular items.
08-15-2020, 11:18 AM,
I don't know what's going on. The rules and charts are still listed under my attachment list. The links are working for me. Is anyone else having trouble?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
08-15-2020, 11:58 AM,
Checked links. The link to the Rules Rewrite works, but when you go to that page, all the links there say that the specific attachment does not exist.
08-15-2020, 12:50 PM,
I've deleted the attachments in PG-HQ. The links now go directly to my cloud drive. Let me know of any other problems.
08-16-2020, 07:05 AM,
Thanks very much
I'll be back to you.