Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desert Rats - Indian Army missing - Conflict between Italian and Indian extensions
06-27-2020, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2020, 07:30 AM by tlangston28.)
Desert Rats - Indian Army missing - Conflict between Italian and Indian extensions
Hi All,

Just completed the Academy training and was loading up Desert Rats to take a look at the full module and when I loaded the Extensions and opened it, it mentioned that there is a conflict between the extension ID for the Italian Army OOB and the Indian Army OOB, causing the Indian Army not to load.  Here is the screenshot:

Note that the Indian Army tab is missing and if you look at the last load line, you will see the error message.   Also note in the VASSAL main menu screen, both the Indian and Italian Army OOB extensions are listed as the "Italian Army 1940-42".

I checked the page for an individual extension upgrade since I downloaded the complete zip but the versions are the same in the complete zip as the individual files.

Thanks,
Tony
06-27-2020, 08:11 AM,
RE: Desert Rats - Indian Army missing - Conflict between Italian and Indian extensions
PETER!
Maybe learning how this is addressed will let other hands handle some of this? in the future? (when we finish with what on our plates??)
06-27-2020, 08:52 AM,
RE: Desert Rats - Indian Army missing - Conflict between Italian and Indian extensions
The first problem is in the extension properties. As Tony noted identical extension IDs crate a conflict. The extensions IDs are made from a code. For OOBs ot is oobNATIONforceyear. The Italian OOB should be ooITarmy1940 (the first year of the extension's period). Before I created templates, I copied off other extensions. Odd that the Italians and the Indians should get mixed up, more likely a library error. I'll check both tonight.

I don't know about that second one.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-27-2020, 09:19 AM,
I loaded the Indians wrong, probably in the update.

Don't know what is happening with the RAF. Tony, are you loading the RAF for Afrika Korps too?
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-28-2020, 04:19 AM,
(06-27-2020, 09:19 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I loaded the Indians wrong, probably in the update.

Don't know what is happening with the RAF. Tony, are you loading the RAF for Afrika Korps too?

Hi  Peter,

There is nothing wrong with the RAF in that picture - it just happened to be the line selected.  I was highlighting and circling the fact that the Indian Army tab was missing due to the cross-up extensions...  only one problem here.  Smile
06-28-2020, 04:40 AM,
With the Indian OOB fixed, you can answer the important question. Should you have bruschetta or curry. with your toast?

The Indian OOB is version 4.1.
cjsiam likes this post
07-01-2020, 05:51 AM,
(06-28-2020, 04:40 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: With the Indian OOB fixed, you can answer the important question. Should you have bruschetta or curry. with your toast?

The Indian OOB is version 4.1.

Thanks, Peter. Fix worked.

And I like both but since I am playing the Indians, I would say curry for now... Big Grin
07-01-2020, 06:29 AM,
Good. Don't forget to check the extension documentation, catalogs and notes. I almost always put extra stuff in the OOBs.