Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dug In Column Modifier
06-17-2020, 04:50 AM,
Dug In Column Modifier
Direct and bombardment charts have  modifiers for dug in and entrenched. Reading the assault rules 12.41 second paragraph, talk about dug in and entrenched units as 2 different things, but the assault chart on has a "-2 against defending units occupying tow, entrenchment..."
No where on my chart does it have +/- for being DUG IN. Are my charts incomplete?
06-17-2020, 04:55 AM,
RE: Dug In Column Modifier
In an assault,  Dug In only provides First Fire for the defender, no negatives for the attacker at that point, so rest assured your charts are complete.  Wink
06-17-2020, 04:59 AM,
Ok.... I read something about column modifiers for dug in in an assault, but did not see them.
Thank you for a fast response.
06-17-2020, 05:15 AM,
I knew the rule but having re-read 12.41, I can see where confusion could be - the "Negative column modifiers for dug-in units (16.2) only benefit defending units..." sounds like it would apply to Assaults but when you read 16.2 it does point out "First Fire in assaults".    The part in the assault section could have been a little clearer. 

In fact,  if you look at the 2nd, 3rd and 4th edition charts here: All Charts you will see that there was never a dug in modifier for assaults so not quite sure why it was in that section of the rules. Confused