Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About Kommissars KOM 6.6
06-15-2020, 08:22 PM,
Questions About Kommissars KOM 6.6
In FiitS #22, there was a KOM who started to move toward a stack of 3 units of BT-7 tanks involved in an Assault. The Assault broke up before the KOM reached the hex. (5 of the 6 BT steps were destroyed due to a StuGIIIB tank destroyer opposing them.)

What would the KOM do when the unit(s) he is trying to influence are destroyed? Does he move back to his original starting point? Or anywhere he wants to go (Assuming there’s no immediate need to go to another demoralized unit)?

Also, it appears that a KOM can never use the “motor pool” to go to an unit. In other words, he would have to activate a vehicle (fruck, APC or prime mover) to use it. Since KOMs are not leaders they can’t activate other units. Correct?
06-15-2020, 11:13 PM,
RE: Questions About Kommissars KOM 6.6
Firstly, I don't think kommissars affect tanks. They only rally units that regular leaders would affect. We'll probably need an official ruling on that interpretation.

To your question, the kommissar can do what ever he wants, so long as there is not another demoralized unit.

Your comment about kommissars riding is generally correct. A kommissar would need another leader to travel with him who would activate the transporting unit. Considering the dearth of leadership in the Red Army, the condition that requires kommissars in the first place, he will likely be in pedestriam mode for most of the game.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-16-2020, 03:53 AM,
(06-15-2020, 11:13 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Firstly, I don't think kommissars affect tanks. They only rally units that regular leaders would affect. We'll probably need an official ruling on that interpretation.

To your question, the kommissar can do what ever he wants, so long as there is not another demoralized unit.

Your comment about kommissars riding is generally correct. A kommissar would need another leader to travel with him who would activate the transporting unit. Considering the dearth of leadership in the Red Army, the condition that requires kommissars in the first place, he will likely be in pedestriam mode for most of the game.

Sentence 3 in 6.6 "They serve only to assist demoralized units (of any type including AFV) to recover (14.4).

That's what I'd recalled ...whew....
06-16-2020, 03:59 AM,
So it does.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-16-2020, 05:55 AM,
(06-16-2020, 03:59 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: So it does.

Grant you---not sure I would open the tank hatches when the Kommissar came calling myself...
...given recovery failure could really ruin my day, courtesy of this official.....
06-16-2020, 06:29 AM,
(06-16-2020, 05:55 AM)cjsiam Wrote: Grant you---not sure I would open the tank hatches when the Kommissar came calling myself...
...given recovery failure could really ruin my day, courtesy of this official.....

Me either. Imagine, kommissar walks up to 5 tanks, waves pistol, waves vodka bottle. "I want you boys back in the fight!", he says. A couple takers look around at each other. Shake their heads. 2 tanks spontaneously combust. Kommissar says, "What about you other guys?"

Sounds as weird as The White Tiger.
06-17-2020, 02:27 AM,
(06-16-2020, 03:53 AM)cjsiam Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:13 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: Firstly, I don't think kommissars affect tanks. They only rally units that regular leaders would affect. We'll probably need an official ruling on that interpretation.

Sentence 3 in 6.6 "They serve only to assist demoralized units (of any type including AFV) to recover (14.4).

That's what I'd recalled ...whew....

Yes good save. I finally went over a rule w a fine tooth comb before putting anything down.
The KOM never made it to the tanks. He was in the middle of no mans land when the game was called. The attack was called off abruptly when two logistic crises were rolled in turn 7 for the Reds.
The KOM was stacked w the Lt Colonel behind the lines in the town on map 7.
06-17-2020, 02:37 AM,
I would go along w CJ’s idea there.
06-17-2020, 02:51 AM,
(06-16-2020, 06:29 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 05:55 AM)cjsiam Wrote: Grant you---not sure I would open the tank hatches when the Kommissar came calling myself...

Me either. Imagine, kommissar walks up to 5 tanks, waves pistol, waves vodka bottle. "I want you boys back in the fight!", he says. A couple takers look around at each other. Shake their heads. 2 tanks spontaneously combust. Kommissar says, "What about you other guys?"

Sounds as weird as The White Tiger.

Yeah, looks weird (White Tiger), but it’s on my list of movies. As for Big Grin dspontaneous combustion, well, my guy was as 10 rated KOM. Smile