Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Rules] Oppurtunity fire
04-27-2020, 04:47 AM,
Photo  Oppurtunity fire
Hi Guy,
I have desert rat I have read 4 edition rule.  So Huh
In first turn the player non active can declare opportunity fire on active player however he have not activated any unit? And and how much unit can stacking ? He follow the rule of active player ??
04-27-2020, 06:00 AM,
RE: Oppurtunity fire
(04-27-2020, 04:47 AM)alepanzer Wrote: Hi Guy,
I have desert rat I have read 4 edition rule.  So Huh
In first turn the player non active can declare opportunity fire on active player however he have not activated any unit? And and how much unit can stacking ? He follow the rule of active player ??

#1) You can't declare Opportunity Fire UNTIL a unit moves (or unloads voluntarily) in your LOS...So, the non-active player doesn't get to fire (OPP FIRE) until
the active player takes an action.

#2) Section 4.0 is all about stacking..... typically 3 combat units...or 3 combat units and 3 transports(possibly loaded) and 3 leaders....
for column mods---the transports don't count....even APCs for that 3 combat unit +1 modifier as a target
So you could have 3 infantry/tank units+3APC with units loaded in a stack (and leaders...any number)
that stack (because of the 3 inf/tank) would be subject to +1 on DF or BF as a target....
IF you had 2 inf/tank + 3 APC loaded with Inf---it would not be +1....

#3) Unactive player can respond to movement or other selected activities with Opp fire, that's all he gets to do....
and he has to call the op fire before you leave the hex (and you have to ask him "fire?") and he says no or yes and shoots.....
If you are disrupted, you stop.
04-27-2020, 06:59 AM,
Thks very much, I understand so  the op fire is possible if a spotted enemy unit is moving in any turn.I check 4.0 for stacking for better I imagine that I can add fire modifier of leader also adjacent leader as with direct fire???

Thks
04-27-2020, 07:23 AM,
(04-27-2020, 06:59 AM)alepanzer Wrote: Thks very much, I understand so  the op fire is possible if a spotted enemy unit is moving in any turn.I check 4.0 for stacking for better I imagine that I can add fire modifier of leader also adjacent leader as with direct fire???

Thks

OP fire is possible if a unit moves in LOS of an enemy, that includes unloading and some engineer activity...A Forced unload, say an AT gun forces an APC to dump infantry--DOES NOT allow an opportunity fire---where an unloading on purpose WOULD trigger Opportunity fire....

A leader's combat modifier can be added to One unit he is stacked with....to if you have 1 combat unit and two leaders, only one gets to help.....
Also...if the leader is NOT stacked with a unit, he does NOT get to attack.....he has no "inherent" DF value...