Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Panzer Grenadier League
04-10-2020, 04:18 AM,
The Panzer Grenadier League
I setup a Panzer Grenadier HQ League over on Braaket.com. For said league, I have created a tournament called PG-HQ Ladder.

With online play, we have the opportunity to expand shared play between members. So let's get to it.

The ladder rules are very basic, and I expect they will be modified and expanded. People with suggestions or experience should contact me, especially since I never setup something like this.
Greyfox and J6A like this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-11-2020, 06:35 AM,
RE: The Panzer Grenadier League
It's been a month so far, the has 1 member, no plays.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-15-2020, 07:11 AM,
I went there when you first posted and signed up. Can't figure out how to join the league you set up.
05-15-2020, 07:34 AM,
Recently completed Vassal Academy.  I am trying an actual scenario to work through some other issues, before I reach out to other players (I am playing scenario 1, Iron Wolves).  I may have picked too big a first scenario to start off with, because I am currently only a quarter of the 24 turns. 
       I am interested but don't know how much time I can commit to it.  I am still the Professor of Military Science out at UC Berkeley.  Cadet Summer Training shifted from centralized to decentralized summer training, and all the programs are currently scrambling to plan local Summer Training, and expand field training next fall and next spring.  If it is set-up like brackets, I will be a drag on the system.  If not, and folks are patient with me (possibly concluding a long game after multiple sessions) I will gladly join up. 

Mike
05-15-2020, 09:22 AM,
You need a Braaket account to join a league. You do that at https://braacket.com/auth/create
The name of the league is Panzer Grenadier HQ Player's League
The address is https://braacket.com/league/PG-HQleague

It is an open league. One tournament running, a ladder tournament open until next January. There is no Vassal requirement. just shared play. Players choose a scenario, play it once, switch sides, play it again. Who does the best wins the challenge.
05-16-2020, 04:22 AM,
Hi Peter

I saw the most recent post to Greyfox on the League. I was astounded to see that one did not have to have VASSAL to get into league play? I guess something got lost in translation with my understanding?.Definitely true that I could have two games going at once VASSAL. But I don’t mind keeping a physical game set up. You should see my camera work. It’s almost as nifty as that guy that filmed that poor guy in Georgia getting blasted
05-16-2020, 04:56 AM,
Ladder/league play does not require Vassal. Vassal just helps. What ladder play does require is shared play, but the method for that can be anything. Face to face, Vassal, Dual table setup + voice, Dual table setup + email or Cyberboard all work. The process is that you and someone else in the league play, switch sides and play again.

I think Dual table setup + email would take too long. Cyberboard only ever had 2 game boxes. Hey, whatever works, so long as it is 2  shared plays.
05-27-2020, 03:02 AM,
I haven't been on the site much recently.  I've been in 18XX nirvana during the lockdown.  I'd definitely be interested.
05-27-2020, 03:18 AM,
Okay, I have an account, I don't see a way to join.  I think you may have to add players.
05-27-2020, 06:07 AM,
Maybe I do. I thought it was an open league.

Let me know your user names for Braacket and I will get you added. It seems a clumbsy way to do it, but if it works...