Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
07-15-2021, 06:58 AM,
RE: FEB: Brazilian Expeditionary Force
How you get your copy soon Greyfox! When you do, add the Marianas to your order. It will a lot to the Saipan game. Same with Leyte.
07-15-2021, 03:50 PM,
(07-15-2021, 06:58 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: How you get your copy soon Greyfox! When you do, add the Marianas to your order. It will a lot to the Saipan game. Same with Leyte.

Sadly, I purchased both the Marianas and Leyte prior to picking up Saipan.  I actually have all PG games with the exception of Saipan and Kursk Burning Tigers.  Waiting for boxed editions of both.  I also need to buy a box for Fallen Empires.

Mike
12-18-2021, 07:06 PM,
(04-15-2020, 02:13 PM)JayTownsend Wrote: >>A hen living on a farm finds some wheat and decides to make bread with it. She asks the other farmyard animals for help planting it, but they refuse. The hen then harvests and mills the wheat into flour before baking it into bread; at each stage she again asks the animals for help and they refuse. Finally the hen has completed her task and asks who will help her eat the bread. This time the animals accept eagerly, but the hen rebuffs them stating that, just as she made the bread herself, she will eat the bread herself, and runs away with the bread.<<

As a chicken owner, I have to call BS. They aren't going to get past the finds some wheat... bit.

Beware any cautionary tale with chickens is my advice. An animal that tastes like every other animal is not to be trusted.
OldPueblo, CavDo, Tankodactyl And 4 others like this post

User Experience begins with You...
Always looking for people to play PzGdr, Napoleonic Games, and Great War at Sea
(the Vassal for GWAS Mediterranean specifically).
12-19-2021, 02:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2021, 02:33 AM by JayTownsend.)
Goosebrown, I didn't write the above text! It was copied in reply to another gamer's post about the Red Hen. Really nothing to do with me, as I do not know why it was posted in the first place.
goosebrown and Tankodactyl like this post
12-19-2021, 04:08 AM,
Interesting turn. The Little Red Hen never had anything to do with chickens or barnyards or even the wheat. Odd that it could become such a controversy.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-19-2021, 03:37 PM,
LOL at the whole conversation!  Big Grin
treadasaurusrex and Tankodactyl like this post
12-20-2021, 05:05 AM,
Just imagine how uncluttered and clean, Mr. Lloyd's terrific Brazilian counter sheet would look like without the meaningless Avalanche Press-required shading depicted under the figures and vehicles.

Here's to eliminating the shadow clutter, at least on those counters that we play with online through PG-HQ.
Miguelibal, CavDo, Tubac52 And 3 others like this post
12-21-2021, 02:16 AM,
(12-20-2021, 05:05 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: Just imagine how uncluttered and clean, Mr. Lloyd's terrific Brazilian counter sheet would look like without the meaningless Avalanche Press-required shading depicted under the figures and vehicles.

Here's to eliminating the shadow clutter, at least on those counters that we play with online through PG-HQ.

Send Mike/AP an email, maybe they will consider it? Or maybe not, as it won't match existing games.
Miguelibal, treadasaurusrex, OldPueblo And 3 others like this post
12-21-2021, 04:56 AM,
Done and done.

Let us pray!
OldPueblo, sagunto, Tankodactyl And 3 others like this post
12-23-2021, 01:17 PM,
(12-21-2021, 02:16 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 05:05 AM)treadasaurusrex Wrote: Just imagine how uncluttered and clean, Mr. Lloyd's terrific Brazilian counter sheet would look like without the meaningless Avalanche Press-required shading depicted under the figures and vehicles.

Send Mike/AP an email, maybe they will consider it? Or maybe not, as it won't match existing games.
Dear Jay,

Here's an excerpt of what I sent Dr. B. at AP:

" Thanks you very much for designing a new set of counters for the Changsha Operation gold club item that minimizes the ridiculous figure & vehicle shadows that have characterized PG counter sets since I don't know when. Completely doing away with the weird shadowing would make for cleaner, less-cluttered, more-readable game pieces and I respectfully suggest that you consider the idea.

IMHO, depicting shadows on tiny PG counters just makes for unnecessary clutter & confusion, much like the strange isometric-view terrain features and buildings that clutter & confuse, on the more recent scenario terrain maps. The latter just make terrain difficult to interpret — most especially for people with red-green color blindness. You know, like some 24% of the male population — the PG series’ primary audience & customers.

The plumb blossom background looks great, and I look forward to playing this new, easier to read extension.

Best wishes for a joyous Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year,

Felipe “Why show unnatural shade in plan-view tank depictions?” Jacome"
Tubac52, OldPueblo, sagunto And 3 others like this post