Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll be honest
02-22-2020, 01:56 PM,
I'll be honest
I am completely overwhelmed by all the stuff that is available. All of the supplements I have and haven't played because I don't want to get counters and maps from a zillion different games or because they are way too big for my table are now available to me.  Where do I start?
02-22-2020, 02:14 PM,
RE: I'll be honest
First advice is, do not to have every extension active at the same time. While it is possible, it uses a lot of memory.

Second, since we do not provide scenario support, still get the games. You just don't need to lay them out as often.

Start with games about a theater and time you like.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-22-2020, 03:26 PM,
But...but...I like them all! Smile

Is there an easy way to know which extensions to activate/deactivate for a particular scenario besides going to the module page and seeing what's needed?

And I own all the stuff I'll play, it's just mostly sitting on shelves waiting.  For instance, the 1st thing I downloaded was Workers and Peasants.  Some cool scenarios there, and they are all huge.  Well, now I can set them up!
cjsiam likes this post
02-23-2020, 12:45 AM,
I'll create an automatic game-expansion relationship table tonight. Programmatically, the site "knows" what goes with what. Just need to write a bit of code to generate a human readable report. Good suggestion, Joshua.
J6A likes this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
02-23-2020, 06:09 AM,
You're too good to us Shad.
J6A likes this post
02-23-2020, 02:29 PM,
Test page for your consideration and feedback:

http://www.pg-hq.com/test-code.php
02-23-2020, 02:48 PM,
(02-23-2020, 02:29 PM)Shad Wrote: Test page for your consideration and feedback:

http://www.pg-hq.com/test-code.php

Marvelous....
The only quibble (and a small formatting preference) is if you could make it a 4 column list, not just the one long----
everything would then be vissible in one screen.....subtly easier to use....

But, as is---100% functional and useful.
02-23-2020, 02:52 PM,
Do you mean the table of contents? or the actual game tables?
02-23-2020, 05:51 PM,
(02-23-2020, 02:52 PM)Shad Wrote: Do you mean the table of contents? or the actual game tables?

Content s
02-24-2020, 12:00 AM,
I think the only thing I would add would be a optional/unassigned list. This could catch things like the Marshal's Fist extension, when it is done, or re-emphisis things like the normalized Airborne leader extension.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking