Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old VASSAL setup files
02-11-2020, 01:21 PM,
Old VASSAL setup files
Are the setup files I created for Elsenborn Ridge and Kokoda Campaign (the former was available from APL for a while) compatible with the new VASSAL offering? If they are, I will repost them here.
02-11-2020, 10:01 PM,
RE: Old VASSAL setup files
They might be compatible with the legacy files. Check them first. There is an update process that sometimes works when they are not.

They will not be compatible with PG Über, the piece IDs will be totally different.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
02-13-2020, 04:16 AM,
(02-11-2020, 10:01 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: They might be compatible with the legacy files. Check them first. There is an update process that sometimes works when they are not.

They will not be compatible with PG Über, the piece IDs will be totally different.

Okay, I checked them this morning, at least for Elsenborn Ridge, and they seem to be working fine.  That's with the caveat that I haven't downloaded a new ER extension, I'm assuming it hasn't changed from the old version.

I've attached the files to this post.  There is a ReadMe inside the zip file that gives details, and essentially this has the units, OBA and Game State information already in a .vsav file.  You'll still need the scenario book for set-up and special rules.  However, it could save you time.  Check my files to the scenario books, they should all be accurate, and I'm only human, I may have erred.

Attached Files
.zip   Kokoda Campaign Assist File.zip (Size: 340.41 KB / Downloads: 2)
.zip   ERScenarioFiles.zip (Size: 432.36 KB / Downloads: 2)
02-13-2020, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2020, 05:18 AM by J6A.)
Note:  Make sure you are Solitaire, not Obersver (or, if playing opposed, whatever side you're playing) or you will not be able to pick leaders.

These files may also only work with the old 1.1 version of the module.  If you try 3.1 it will tell you that most of the images are missing.