Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome to the Vassal Academy!
02-10-2020, 08:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2020, 10:29 PM by Shad.)
Information  Welcome to the Vassal Academy!
Welcome aboard, everyone!

In celebration of its 10th year in existence, Panzer Grenadier Headquarters is proud to provide its Vassal Academy completely free of charge to the world starting 2020-02-09!

What is it?

The Academy is a managed platform to guide you through the ins and outs of both PG and Vassal. Upon graduation you will be ready to take on all comers on the digital battlefield!

Why are you doing this?

As always, at PG-HQ our goal is to drive the growth of the PG (and related) series. That means more players! While PG is typically played solo, we believe the game is best appreciated head-to-head. As so few of us are lucky enough to have local opponents, that means online play.
  • More active players = more game purchases.
  • More game purchases = more new games released.
  • More new games released = more active players.
It's a lovely cycle! Wink

I'm a Vassal veteran - show me the goods!

We've got a pathway just for you - choose the third option "Demonstrate Proficiency via Scenario Play" and submit two scenario logfiles (be sure to log your plays at PG-HQ!) and be on your way!

How can I help?

We will always need more mentors. If you're a Vassal enthusiast and you're willing to teach PG and Vassal to newcomers, please let us know by posting in this forum.

Alternatively, if you're a practiced hand at Vassal module creation, we can get you involved with the content creation team. Again, let us know in this forum.

Who did all of this?

A small but dedicated team:
  • Peter (plloyd1010) - project leader, module creator, module content lead
  • Bob (Schoenwulf) - module content and debugging
  • Craig (cjsiam) - module debugging and playtesting
  • Dan (Dan Storm) - module content
  • Drew (Shad) - Vassal Hub code
Thank you for reading this far!

This forum is dedicated to Dan Rohrman, who sadly didn't live to see the launch of our project. Heart
Bart, Greyfox, Schoenwulf And 8 others like this post
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...