Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ochi: The Italian Invasion of Greece, 1940
10-18-2023, 01:59 PM,
RE: Ochi: The Italian Invasion of Greece, 1940
All my designs I spend a lot of time on and try to get them near perfect but fun to play with balanced scenarios. This one, I felt went maybe even beyond this, as I read books from both sides, Greek and Italian sources and when they differ in accounts, I would go to the internet, to try and get it as close as possible to the best historical battles. This was also a unique subject in WWII that I felt got passed over in most history book, at least in the USA as a sentence or two, which never did this bloody 6 months plus battle any justice. The Italians sent tons a resources and manpower that otherwise would have gone to North Africa and changed the outcome there or at least prolonged it a great deal, which also would have caused the relief of the Eastern Front a greater delay but that is the bigger picture. This battle was fought over some very rough terrain and in very harsh weather where many frostbite casualties would affect both sides. The Battle was in three real main sections or events: The Italian Invasion, The Greek Counter-Attack & the Italian Spring Offense. The Maps from both Conquest of Ethiopia & Crete worked very well, and give a good overall picture of the terrain. The scenarios range from small to large and have a lot of interesting situations and unit types. I am very excited to see this battle published in a PG format. I know gamers will enjoy it as well.
treadasaurusrex, goosebrown, Tankodactyl And 12 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ochi: The Italian Invasion of Greece, 1940 - by JayTownsend - 10-18-2023, 01:59 PM