Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification Rule needed on Rule 14.35
09-06-2019, 06:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 06:19 AM by Hugmenot.)
RE: Clarification Rule needed on Rule 14.35
A unit cannot move if not activated. Leaders are not units but can be displaced as Shad indicated.

The fourth bullet in 14.3 shows a demoralized unit must flee when it fails a recovery attempt. The first sentence of 14.31, Each demoralized unit and/or leader that fails to recover must move away from enemy units that could hurt it,  again refer to failed recovery attempt only.

That's the way Matt and I have always played it ftf.  I have not seen his Facebook post so I cannot comment on it.

== 

Edit: Scratch that, I missed the reference to 14.35 initially.

In 3rd edition, it was: "Demoralized units in an assault hex that fail morale must exit the hex, and may move only one hex when doing so (12.13). On later activations they flee at full movement rate if they fail to recover."

It 4th edition, it is "Demoralized units in an assault hex that fail a morale check must exit the hex, and may move only one hex when doing so (12.13). On later activations they flee at their full movement rate if they fail to recover."

The addition of check in 4th edition make it very explicit that demoralized units that fail a morale check must exit the assault hex.  Why this was not added as a bullet in 14.3 is very strange to me if this was really what was meant in 14.35.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarification Rule needed on Rule 14.35 - by Hugmenot - 09-06-2019, 06:05 AM