Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hex Control, assault and demoralized units
09-05-2019, 03:21 AM,
Hex Control, assault and demoralized units
I have a situation where the Russians have to control all the road hexes on a certain board.   There is one contested assault hex where the German units are already marked Fired/Moved.  The Russians activate their units in the hex and assault killing one German unit and leaving the last German unit  at one step and demoralized.  The game ends, who controls the hex?

I say no one thus the Russians don't get the road control victory condition as the definition (4th Ed.) of control states this: "If one or more units of both sides currently occupy the same hex, then neither side controls the hex[font]."[/font] It says nothing about the condition of the units, however much discussion here on PG-HQ tells me that demoralized units cannot contest control in an assault hex and thus the Russians would have control of the hex.  In my case this concerns not only the scenarios VCs but also the VC of the Battle Game.
09-05-2019, 04:25 AM,
RE: Hex Control, assault and demoralized units
I would say it is still contested. The sentence before says," A hex is controlled by the player whose undemoralized combat unit was the last one to occupy the hex exclusively." Since the German units were in good order before, I guess it is their hex until the demoralized unit gets booted.
Blackcloud6 likes this post
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-05-2019, 04:32 AM,
(09-05-2019, 04:25 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote: I would say it is still contested. The sentence before says," A hex is controlled by the player whose undemoralized combat unit was the last one to occupy the hex exclusively." Since the German units were in good order before, I guess it is their hex until the demoralized unit gets booted.

I agree, I think it is contested.  The Germans may have pooped their pants, but they are still there.
09-06-2019, 05:53 AM,
I agree it is contested.
09-08-2019, 12:27 AM,
Unless the scenario says no undemoralized enemy units on the road.
09-08-2019, 12:28 AM,
(09-08-2019, 12:27 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: Unless the scenario says no undemoralized enemy units on the road. Than you would have won as the Soviet player.