Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3
07-04-2019, 12:50 AM,
To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3
So....
There is a hex....it has a German Platoon and a German Leader.....

It has some severe earth moving done with 3x18 Russian Artillery coming down on their locale...

There is a "1" result rolled on the 54 (just one less then the 55...so unfair.....)

This is read as a loss of 1 step, and all surviving units take an M2 morale check...(according to table...)

This results in (and the question is to verify this):

1) Reduction of the Platoon to a reduced platoon -- the 1 step
2) The Roll of the German Leader for step loss in hex --- rolling for '2' (as russian that's my perspective on his goal...) with a -1 because of one step loss
3) an M2 roll on the leader(assuming he survives the #2) roll), AND M2 on the reduced Platoon 

The question was the 3) .... it clearly says that "all surviving units after step losses taken"..... I interpret that
to mean that the reduced platoon (which already took a 1step loss) MUST take an M2 morale check (leader can help if he's not demoralized and has factor).

The question came up that he already took a step loss---and it seemed a "Double Jeopardy" situation....

We went with the interpretation of 7.61 to mean that both the reduced Platoon, and the officer must make M2 morale checks---this becomes harder for
a reduced Platoon (morale goes to 6...down to 4....) 

I think we played it right.....can we get a blessing? and dismissal of the "Double Jeopardy" concern?

thanks!
cjSmile 
07-04-2019, 01:26 AM,
RE: To Clarify the pain of 1, 2X, etc....7.6.3
I am a little confused by your sequencing. Anyway how it should go:
  1. Unit takes step loss
  2. Leader makes moral check (rule 14.12)
  3. Reduced unit makes morale check
  4. Leader makes survival check (rule 6.7)
I'm sure what the double-jeopardy is, unless you mean: takes moral check, then could die.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-04-2019, 03:24 AM,
CJ,

Peter's post contains the right sequence. Note the leader survival check happens last and its drm takes account all step losses, even those step losses that were caused by a demoralized unit failing its (M2 in the case you listed) morale check.
07-04-2019, 05:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 05:39 AM by cjsiam. Edit Reason: complete rules references )
thanks guys...
I think that is what we did....the last thing rolled was the Leader survival after step loss...

We did roll the M2s on both leader and 1/2 Platoon....and that was the question----the double jeopardy was the platoon being subject
to both the initial 1 loss---and then also the M2....

I take it, as neither of you objected to the concept, that the surviving units ARE obligated to take the M2 roll, regardless of
the previous casualties distributed to them....
(and then the leader survival check)

adding to peter's sequence:
1) Unit takes step loss
2) Leader makes moral check (rule 14.12)
3) Reduced unit makes morale check (rule 7.61)
4) Leader makes survival check (rule 6.7)

Thanks!
cjSmile
we played it right
07-04-2019, 05:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 05:59 AM by plloyd1010.)
(07-04-2019, 05:36 AM)cjsiam Wrote: I take it, as neither of you objected to the concept, that the surviving units ARE obligated to take the M2 roll, regardless of

That is correct. If ½ my platoon just got scrabbed, I might not feel too perky either. You might look at it as a chance to not be demoralized.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
07-04-2019, 06:30 AM,
(07-04-2019, 05:58 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:36 AM)cjsiam Wrote: I take it, as neither of you objected to the concept, that the surviving units ARE obligated to take the M2 roll, regardless of

That is correct. If ½ my platoon just got scrabbed, I might not feel too perky either. You might look at it as a chance to not be demoralized.

After a long discussion and references...
we agreed it was an M2 on survivors....
6(morale of 1/2 platoon)....down two to 4.......

he rolled a 3.......
go figure....
love this game...

IN THE PROCESS of last night---- we ended up doing two turns....because FOW happened on Activation 8 and 9....we each got our 3...
each rolled one successful FOW---then 16....blamo.....
sigh....