Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assaut Board
06-26-2019, 09:37 AM,
Assaut Board
I like to move the units and markers from an assault hex of the board for better management. I found some markers that came in pairs so I could mark the board and the units. To organize them I created a board  to move things to. I posted it to Thingiverse at this link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3713033
Juiceman likes this post

Attached Files Image(s)

"It was a battle right fierce and terrible" - Froissart
06-27-2019, 01:04 AM,
RE: Assaut Board
Interesting adaptation. Don't like the aesthetics, but I'll give you an A on function.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
09-12-2019, 12:38 AM,
I too move the assault off the board for better management and use twin markers to mark the assault hex location and the corresponding units off the board. Nothing as sophisticated as you're doing but your way has an advantage in the sense it would be more difficult to mix the off boards stacks by mistake.
treadasaurusrex and Tambu like this post
09-12-2019, 12:13 PM,
The only issue that I'd have with this very nice solution is space. I use paired markers to mark assault hexes and their corresponding groups, then shift the pair of assault stacks to a 3x5 card that will hold three different assault hex groups comfortably. I like the gizmo and would consider it useful if I had more space, although I would suggest giving each holder a letter or number so that it could be matched to a board hex in the case of multiple assaults.
09-23-2019, 10:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 10:06 AM by dxdavieau.)
I use small cards off board & mark the hex with a homemade counter. Actually all of these are mt homemade counters...
09-23-2019, 10:06 AM,
tried to add my pics here...but cant see them
10-23-2019, 11:51 PM,
Real-men wargamers use only stacks and temp fate with the tallest!  Be a MAN!  Stack 'em!   Big Grin   Tongue   Winking
ACav, Juiceman, PANISTA And 9 others like this post
07-14-2020, 07:15 PM,
Me too. If their big, I set them up to the side of the board and put dice on the hex. I’ve never had so many assaults going at once that I couldn’t remember which battle went to which dice. But if I did, I have so many different sets of dice, I could merely play match up w the different sets of dice.
Juiceman likes this post
03-23-2023, 01:40 AM,
I use a ruled and blocked off sheet of paper for 5 Assaults, place it in a document protector and use that to declutter the playing field. I simply use blank counters (marked for whatever battle) on the field and a "fired/moved" marker on top of the marker to denote when that is accompished. Makes a much better coordinated playing field.

GG
03-23-2023, 03:29 AM,
When you get around to playing in shared, online mode with Vassal, you'll see that Peter has built special tactical hexes that make sorting out multiple close assaults in limited terrain, e.g., town, village or slope hexes, etc., much easier.
Tankodactyl, Miguelibal, sagunto And 8 others like this post