Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activating Kommisars...6.6
06-21-2019, 02:33 PM,
Activating Kommisars...6.6
In the rules Commisars are called out as Not behaving as leaders....

But the rules then go on to say "Kommisars are activated individually and never affected by other leaders"

So there are two things that leaders can do
1) Activate units
2) help with morale

Are Kommisars meant to NOT be impacted by either or just 2) morale?

How can I activate them?

1) they can self activate---that is clear
2) Can They be activated as part of a stack? the rules say "activated individually" --- if they are in a stack which activates--do they activate?
3) Can They be activated by an Leader as part of a group activation? ( I think no---but not sure)

IF they can only activate as a single unit---and you are in a FOW scenario with lots of units....they won't be moving much...
cjSmile
06-21-2019, 08:53 PM,
RE: Activating Kommisars...6.6
2) Yes. That is usually the way they rally the units (vodka and pistol).
3) No. Kommisars have no rank. (Personally, I think Majors and up should be able to activate them,)
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-21-2019, 11:07 PM,
(06-21-2019, 08:53 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: 2) Yes. That is usually the way they rally the units (vodka and pistol).
3) No. Kommisars have no rank. (Personally, I think Majors and up should be able to activate them,)

Thanks much peter---
regarding 3) I was not thinking about Komm. being part of an activation chain...
But instead if a leader in an adjacent hex can activate a Komm....maybe he is stacked with other units...

Thus, a Lt activates, activates units around him...one stack contains a Komm and a Demoralized unit----Does the Komm get to try and recover the unit?
06-21-2019, 11:30 PM,
No, can't. Leaders can activate units and subordinates adjacent to him. Kommisars are not units, and they are not a subordinate leader. The KOM and DM unit will need to use another activation.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-22-2019, 04:47 AM,
(06-21-2019, 11:30 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: No, can't. Leaders can activate units and subordinates adjacent to him. Kommisars are not units, and they are not a subordinate leader. The KOM and DM unit will need to use another activation.

Just to completely hammer this out...

1) if a Komm is stacked with a demoralized unit---the Komm can activate with the unit and "coerce" a recovery roll....as one activation.

2) if a Komm is stacked with a couple units, one of which is dem, the other not---- CAN the full stack activate---the non-dem unit move as he wishes (but not
a combat move as he was not activated as by a leader), and the Komm deal with the dem unit (in his own special way...) ????

Bottom line is if a Komm is in a stack, and you want to activate the entire stack---does the Komm also activate (and then either help a dem unit in the stack
recover, or move off to another hex toward a dem unit---or anywhere I may want him?)

Does the stricture on "Komm have to activate individually" mean they CANNOT be activated with the remainder of a stack which self activates?
sigh....
cjWink
06-22-2019, 12:30 PM,
1 & 2 are yes.

The KOM would not be able to leave the hex with a DM unit in it with him. KOMs must move to the nearest DM unit. What is closer than where he is?
06-25-2019, 12:57 AM,
(06-22-2019, 12:30 PM)plloyd1010 Wrote: 1 & 2 are yes.

The KOM would not be able to leave the hex with a DM unit in it with him. KOMs must move to the nearest DM unit. What is closer than where he is?

Well---it's specifically about getting commisars to the next DM unit....
If I can't activate them with a stack, then it requires a precious activation....thus they don't tend to get to the action...

Whereas----if I can activate a stack, and they thus become activated and can move...then they can get to another DM unit....

And if that DM unit is stacked with others---then on a following turn I can activate the whole stack---and use that activation to try and recover with the Commisar (in his own special way)....

My concern/confusion was with the "must activate individually" and taking that tooo literally--- as long as I can treat them as "any other unit" for activation, move them, etc.....
That makes them more practical