Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Attack on an Assault Hex....
06-21-2019, 02:27 PM,
Air Attack on an Assault Hex....
So that sneaky German got a BF110....(that gosh...not something better)
and he decided (being the heartless Hun that he is) that he would attack a hex which
is an Assault hex which has both Russian (3 of them) and Germans (2 of them---germans dug in)....

So---we rolled this as a Direct Fire attack on BOTH groups.....
Against russians 6DF +2 mod adjacent, +1 for 3 units russian
Against German 6DF +2 mod adjacent -1 for friendly fire; -1 for dug-in

There does not seem to be any discussion of Aircraft attacking Assault hexes---nor is there a stricture against it....

Did we do that right?  Roll the two attacks (after the roll of 1-2 to miss, vs. 3-6 to hit)

thanks!
cjSmile
06-22-2019, 01:10 AM,
RE: Air Attack on an Assault Hex....
I think that is how I would have called it. I think I would have done only one arrival roll though. I don't know if the +2 against the Germans would apply, but I'll leave any definitive decent to someone else.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
06-22-2019, 01:36 AM,
Aircraft Friendly Fire is 15.12 but it does not cover aircraft attacking an assault hex.

One thing you did not specify is whether you rolled one die once or twice per aircraft for 15.11. I would have rolled once per aircraft because 15.11 states the aircraft hits or misses the hex. If an aircraft hit the hexes, I would have played it as you did. 
06-25-2019, 01:05 AM,
(06-22-2019, 01:36 AM)Hugmenot Wrote: Aircraft Friendly Fire is 15.12 but it does not cover aircraft attacking an assault hex.

One thing you did not specify is whether you rolled one die once or twice per aircraft for 15.11. I would have rolled once per aircraft because 15.11 states the aircraft hits or misses the hex. If an aircraft hit the hexes, I would have played it as you did. 

rolled one time for attack on hex.....

So...we still have peter's +2 question.....my thinking is its not optional....+2 applys to all attacks in the hex
09-23-2019, 09:04 AM,
I'd roll the 'arrival' die one time for the hex. Then roll a separate attack DR for each side, like OBA/BF against an assault hex. I think the +2 mod for adjacent would apply to both sides. IMHO