Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LOS and Dug-in and Entrenchments
12-07-2018, 02:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 02:11 PM by JayTownsend.)
RE: LOS and Dug-in and Entrenchments
(12-07-2018, 01:55 PM)Greyfox Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 01:24 AM)JayTownsend Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 08:36 AM)Greyfox Wrote:
(12-05-2018, 12:15 AM)plloyd1010 Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 10:56 PM)Greyfox Wrote: It has been a while (year’s) since I have played.

Why?

Two reasons..... 1) Busy and 2) Haven't found many players were I have been at.

1)  I am an Army Officer - I moved to Germany from JAN 2013 - JUN 2017.  I was with V Corps from JAN - SEP 2013 (one 90 day deployment to Afghanistan).  Then when I went to USAREUR I found myself as the first lead planner for something new called ATLANTIC RESOLVE (our response to Russian Aggression in Crimea), and followed it up with an assignment as the Future Plans Branch Chief for USAREUR.  I followed that assignment with a billet XO for Virginia Tech (a Senior Military College) who was dual hatted as the primary, and only, instructor for over 104 cadets.  Every free moment belonged to my wife and kids (4.5 and almost 3 years) when I got off.  I was absolutely swamped for a period of almost five years.  Just recently, due to an increase in personnel, my boss reduced my focus and I am now focused on the administrative and logistical tasks for an organization of about 30 Cadre and almost 500 cadets.  That has finally created some time for myself and am considering bringing some of my games on TDY to either play solo or find a partner or to try and find one to play a game or two during Winter Break.

2)  Haven't found anyone local for F2F (perferred).  Still haven't figured out how to do Vassal.  But am willing to try skyping or FaceTime with opponents.

As a historian (BA in U.S. History and Master in Military Arts and Sciences (MMAS) in Military History and another in Theater Operations) I absolutely love the game system which I believe models World War II tactics much better than most other systems.  I actually own or have on order almost all the games and supplements in either hard copy or digital format; only missing Siapan, Pusan Perimeter, Kursk Burning Tigers, Broken Axis, and Upgraded Shermans.  I also own or have on order all games and or supplements for IA, and PG Modern.  I have the ability to play almost every scenario.

Greyfox, you are missing Saipan & Pusan, which means you probably are missing Marianas and Counter-Attack as well. Hopefully you will try out one of my designs one day. 

Jay,

Actually, I have both of those.  I think at the time I bought both of those there were sales on and Saipan and Pusan were out of print.  Looking forward to adding both of those to my collection on or after Christmas.  I can’t wait to try out your Counterattack.  We are likely to have a Lorean War themed digital staff ride at our University.  I have listened to the audible addition of Farenbach’s “This Kind of War”  and am not sure if I should read Toland, Appleman, of Paik Sun Yup next.

No problem! Smile

I think I have read most of those books except the one by Toland but after reading 16 books on the Korean War, I don't think I'll read anymore.