Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire in my home
02-22-2018, 09:49 PM,
RE: Fire in my home
(02-22-2018, 02:56 AM)Coniglius Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:10 PM)Greyfox Wrote: I haven’t received anything yet.  This is the first time I have leveraged the free shipping. If I were a betting man I would guess that he will be shipping it with potato war or the wait for a few other releases to send it with

Exactly. When you leverage the free shipping option, he holds onto items until he has a larger order to ship. I have waited a couple months after a product was released for shipping so that it could be combined with other items that I had ordered.  Frustrating, but I understand the business aspect of it. 

As do I. The Army has taught me importance of tactical patience.
02-27-2018, 11:49 AM,
I don't see Fire in the Steppe even listed on BGG?
02-27-2018, 02:52 PM,
(02-27-2018, 11:49 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I don't see Fire in the Steppe even listed on BGG?

Hmmmmm.....

Interestingly enough - I don't see Fire in the Steppe listed on PG-HQ "Games I Own" or in The Library of Games....

Smile
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
02-28-2018, 12:29 AM,
I believe Jim Stears used to submit the new game entries to BGG. Anyone can do it.
03-01-2018, 11:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 11:07 AM by Shad.)
(02-27-2018, 02:52 PM)Dan Storm Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 11:49 AM)JayTownsend Wrote: I don't see Fire in the Steppe even listed on BGG?

Hmmmmm.....

Interestingly enough - I don't see Fire in the Steppe listed on PG-HQ "Games I Own" or in The Library of Games....

Smile

Still waiting for that copy you bought me to arrive, Dan Wink

One of our mods will add it as soon as they have something in hand.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
03-01-2018, 12:57 PM,
Waiting For My Copy First - No Ship Notice Yet Either.

Welcome to The Peoples Republic of Mike Madigan By The Way!

LOL!
"...I Spent Half My Money on Wargames - Women and Whiskey - The Other Half I Wasted..."
03-01-2018, 01:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 04:22 AM by Michael Murphy.)
Just got my shipping notice! I'm ready!
03-02-2018, 01:21 AM,
Ordered Armata Romana with it, so I have that sinking feeling that it'll be a while before it gets to Missouri. Dr. Mike will probably wait until both are in hand.
03-02-2018, 04:55 AM,
(03-01-2018, 11:07 AM)Shad Wrote: Still waiting for that copy you bought me to arrive, Dan Wink 

Can you ask him to buy me a copy?  Smile
03-03-2018, 06:38 AM,
So.... I met Dr. Mike this week, live and in the flesh. I was on business to Birmingham, AL so I made arrangements to stop in for a visit with Dr. B. The town of Irondale is just a few miles away from my client's facility so it was an easy commute.

He says I wasn't the first, and that he gets a visit every couple months or so. He apologized profusely for the condition of his facility. To say that it was an exercise in organized chaos would be an understatement as he has boxes upon boxes of components set out on his sorting tables. He was working on making up boxes of Tropic of Capricorn when I walked in.

We had a brief conversation until he was called away for an emergent situation, but he returned approximately 30 minutes later and we resumed our conversation. I visited with him for an hour or so more, and walked away with a few items from my list of back orders. I left with the Fire in the Steppe and Tropic of Capricorn boxed games, as well as the Land Cruisers book, and some die cut counter sets to replace the laser cut sets (Pusan and Horn of Africa). I still have quite a few items on back order, but having seen his operation first hand, and the fact that he is essentially a one man show (he does have some part time help, but they weren't on duty when I was visiting), I can understand how things might take a few extra days here and there.

I did pitch a couple ideas to him and we spoke at length about the pro's and con's of each idea, but I did walk away with his support for my Brazilian project. I now have the green light to begin design work on a book supplement that will introduce the Brazilians to the PG family, and their contribution to the Gothic line battles in Italy in late '44 - early '45. I'm very excited to do this and glad that I have his support. Truth be told, I fully expected him to shoot down the idea but he was all for it and even shared some information that he had gathered up for just such a project.

Overall, it was a very good visit and I look forward to visiting with him again on my next trip. He is a wealth of information and a very kind and welcoming person. Oh, and in keeping with the theme of this thread... I too have Fire in my home now!!!