Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airplane Counters into data bank?
12-10-2017, 03:18 PM,
Airplane Counters into data bank?
How about adding all the airplane counters into the data-bank? Not for each scenario as they are randomly drawn but just into the unit section, to have all the types listed. Kind of cool to have them in there. 
12-11-2017, 01:16 AM,
RE: Airplane Counters into data bank?
The best thing about that would be it would help to sort them out if you ever had a situation were they got mixed up. I told the movers to keep all my games level. (They packed my mini's before I knew it and destroyed 35 years of 15mm tank collecting.) Even with that they packed some of my SPI flat pack quads on there sides. Counters came out of four of them. For those I have BBG counter scans to sort them by.
12-11-2017, 05:38 AM,
(12-11-2017, 01:16 AM)zaarin7 Wrote: The best thing about that would be it would help to sort them out if you ever had a situation were they got mixed up. I told the movers to keep all my games level. (They packed my mini's before I knew it and destroyed 35 years of 15mm tank collecting.) Even with that they packed some of my SPI flat pack quads on there sides. Counters came out of four of them. For those I have BBG counter scans to sort them by.

Ick.  Sad 
12-11-2017, 01:14 PM,
The problem with adding airplanes is that there is no unit to add to the OOB. That isn't as bad as it sounds. There could be a "unit" created for the aircraft mix in a given game & force. Then all the images for that "unit" could be the individual aircraft. Cataloging in the database could get messy beyond that. Not a huge problem, but probably the only real one.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
12-11-2017, 01:30 PM,
"The best thing about that would be it would help to sort them out if you ever had a situation were they got mixed up. I told the movers to keep all my games level."
Three things that one should always move on their own: alcoholic beverages, guns, and games; however, my bride would probably have different choices with jewelry being a definite there. :-)
12-11-2017, 02:40 PM,
(12-11-2017, 01:30 PM)Schoenwulf Wrote: "The best thing about that would be it would help to sort them out if you ever had a situation were they got mixed up. I told the movers to keep all my games level."
Three things that one should always move on their own: alcoholic beverages, guns, and games; however, my bride would probably have different choices with jewelry being a definite there. :-)

I made a doofus move consolidating my units and had mixed all the air. I got on the PG FB page and David Davieau got me back on track with a sorting in a few minutes.
12-20-2017, 08:50 AM,
A lot of us mixed our counters as we got started. Takes a while to realize leaders and aircraft are mean't to be specific to each title.
12-20-2017, 10:20 AM,
(12-20-2017, 08:50 AM)larry marak Wrote: A lot of us mixed our counters as we got started. Takes a while to realize leaders and aircraft are mean't to be specific to each title.

I did that...took a bit and some help to sort back out