Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PG Fall of France 1940 - Counters
05-06-2018, 12:49 PM,
PG Fall of France 1940 - Counters
Help.
   I am looking for an inventory type list of the counters in the FoF 1940.
   I loaned out my copy to a friend of a friend. When I got it back, the 4th gen rules were missing and the
counter bags looked like some counters were missing.
   If you have a list, I would to see it.

Dave Morgen
Austin, TX
Dave in Austin, Texas
05-06-2018, 01:10 PM,
RE: PG Fall of France 1940 - Counters
Well Dave, I don't know if there is a manifest anywhere. However, on BGG, there are scans of the countersheets. Look in the image section.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-07-2018, 11:15 AM,
A while back I suggested to Shad that we add the number of counters included in a game next to the counter art on the "Display Order of Battle" tab on each game page (for games and supplements with counters).

I was apparently the only one to ask for such a thing, but if a critical mass of users request it, perhaps he can add it.

I pictured it looking somewhat like the attached picture of a portion of the La Campagne de Tunisie OOB (numbers added). Note that the counters from Fall of France (or other games) used in Campagne scenarios do not have numbers beside them.

Attached Files Image(s)

05-07-2018, 12:47 PM,
I'm not sure, but there might also be something about that in the agreement with APL. Drew said there was some serious negotiation aboit what could and could not ne on the site.
... More and more, people around the world are coming to realize that the world is flat! Winking
05-07-2018, 08:23 PM,
(05-07-2018, 11:15 AM)rerathbun Wrote: I pictured it looking somewhat like the attached picture

Counter totals was one of the original forbidden fruit, but after all these years we're probably ok with respect to AP's concerns.

Implementing it the way you've depicted would be a nightmare due to the way those OOB trees are currently built.

It'd make more sense to have a link that loads a dedicated OOB page with counter art and counts. Then it could be nicely organized in tables, which would be easier to print out if someone needed to do so.
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
05-08-2018, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2018, 01:04 AM by rerathbun. Edit Reason: added caveat to poll suggestion )
(05-07-2018, 08:23 PM)Shad Wrote:
(05-07-2018, 11:15 AM)rerathbun Wrote: I pictured it looking somewhat like the attached picture

Counter totals was one of the original forbidden fruit, but after all these years we're probably ok with respect to AP's concerns.

I assumed that applied to the counter totals in each scenario. After all, counter totals for each game are easily obtainable by referring to the countersheet scans on Boardgamegeek, as suggested above.  However, if that's your understanding with Dr. Mike, then we shouldn't do it.

Quote:Implementing it the way you've depicted would be a nightmare due to the way those OOB trees are currently built.

It'd make more sense to have a link that loads a dedicated OOB page with counter art and counts. Then it could be nicely organized in tables, which would be easier to print out if someone needed to do so.

My depiction was just an illustration.  However you add the info is fine.  I just thought it could be useful information for players in circumstances similar to the one that started this discussion.

If adding counter totals does not violate the agreement with Dr. Mike, perhaps we should do a poll to see how many players think it would be useful.  Probably not worth your coding time if there are only one or two of us.  Players can always check the countersheets on BGG.
05-08-2018, 03:56 AM,
I'd rather have image-support in AARs.
05-08-2018, 08:14 AM,
I would be ok with it. Not high on my priority list though.