Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
08-29-2015, 06:03 AM,
RE: The Official --( Introduce Yourself )-- Thread!
I have the SPI "The Next War" actually on the table now (well the training scenario for Vienna, but hey, it's "on the table")
No "minor" country left behind...
08-30-2015, 02:36 AM,
Blood and Bridges, the Paris one and America Concered all feature British units. Also on Consimworld and on Board Game Geek can be found player made units. Also there is a lot under the various games on BGG. I'd be up for Vassal/Skype of the GDW TWW games or any of the L&L games.
01-03-2016, 07:12 AM,
Just a quick hey and hello!

I'm Hilary, and I've been on/off again wargaming since 1979. I started with AH Squad Leader and Panzer Leader, and in those intervening years have played many other games from SPI, VG, MMP...and on. Now, I find myself here and looking forward to learning and playing Panzer Grenadier!

I'm 47, married with children, and living in Alaska.

See you on the battlefield!
My avatar is the 284th Engineer Combat Battalion which saw action during World War II, and which my grandfather, known as Bugs Hartman, served. They were the first engineers at Remegan Bridge. "Bridge the Gap!"
01-03-2016, 10:24 AM,
(01-03-2016, 07:12 AM)CplBugsHartman Wrote: Just a quick hey and hello!

See you on the battlefield!

Thanks for sharing! When/how do you wargame up there? Do you have any face-to-face opponents? We've got a small but dedicated (and sharp!) band of players who use Skype and the like to play head to head across the world. They're always looking for fresh meat a chance to help a new player! Wink
...came for the cardboard, stayed for the camaraderie...
01-03-2016, 02:01 PM,
I solo mainly, and generally on the weekends. My wife, God bless her, does play wargames with me, too, and is quite the adversary!

Sure, I would love to Skype one of these days!
My avatar is the 284th Engineer Combat Battalion which saw action during World War II, and which my grandfather, known as Bugs Hartman, served. They were the first engineers at Remegan Bridge. "Bridge the Gap!"
01-03-2016, 11:23 PM,
Welcome. I started in 1977 with SL and TR. I'm always up for Vassal/Skype play.
02-04-2016, 12:57 PM,
Hello all! I just picked up the free set, devoured the rules, and immediately picked up Elsenborn Ridge on eBay for $20. What a cool system! I'd love to find some VASSAL opponents one of these days. I only have myself to play with currently.
02-04-2016, 11:49 PM,
Welcome. I'm always up for Vassal/
02-05-2016, 01:47 AM,
I'm also OK for Skype/Vassal play and retired, so have some flexibility for timing......on CST, and a Combat Commander vet just getting used to the PG system.....have all three games that are currently on Vassal.
02-05-2016, 09:26 AM,
Welcome aboard Hilary. PG is Panzerblitz perfected, and infinitely expanded